Forgot Password?

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The 2008 Indy 500
2/23/08, 2:31 PM   #21
Re: The 2008 Indy 500
cecil98

i still don't there will be much of a bump day. they will still lack for cars without teams adding cars for the race to get to 33. i think they'd hate to put anybody in the garage at this point. maybe a couple teams with cars already in the show might add a last second car and have a little fun with it. who knows? i just want 33!

2/23/08, 2:42 PM   #22
throb

this will be my 20th race! just had my 28th birthday! seems like just yesterday i was at my first 500

2/23/08, 3:18 PM   #23
cecil98

I would trade my birthday, Christmas and all of the other holidays for the 500. It is my holiday. Since Brad started racing we can't go up the night before anymore so, we stay over and party after the race and come home on Monday. We have a ball up there. I love that town.

2/23/08, 4:20 PM   #24
speedy1

i hope they start putting more IRL stuff on tv besides just the race. a lot of times i dont even know when the races are on! and i realy hope they get some USAC guys in there some how!

2/23/08, 5:45 PM   #25
Gregg

I swore last years race was going to be my last. The '07 I500 was not only the very worst race I attended last year but it was the worst 500 I ever attended which did not involve a driver fatality. Last Christmas I got talked into it one more time. Maybe it was because with two beers in me and my advanced age I was easily swayed, or maybe it was because of the delicious steak and eggs breakfast and Church's Fried Chicken we would have when we arrived at the race. Surely it wasn't because of the dud of the previous years race.

But wait. The split is over and that means Dan "Clout" Clarke, Nelson Fillippe, Alex Figge, Neel Jani, Simon Pagenaud and Alex Tagliani will be rounding out a stellar Indy 500 field in a few months. This is going to be one of the gr... :rolling Lets just say I'm glad we are having steak and eggs plus Church's Fried Chicken and leave it at that.

2/23/08, 9:03 PM   #26
Joe Kidd

I might listen to it on the radio. But I doubt it. Probably go fishing instead.

2/23/08, 9:30 PM   #27
dirtywhiteboy

Watched everyone since I was born (will be 30 by the time this one is run) and will always watch.

The drivers that are there I know very little about and very few have I actually heard of before they got to the IRL but I still watch it every chance I can and follow it online for scoring updates when away from the TV.

Sadly the door is now closed and sealed on any driver coming for a series we follow on here. USAC grads will go to NASCAR or when that fades off they will stick around USAC or WoO Late Models but they'll never get to Indy where I feel they rightfully deserve to be instead of Junky, Tags, PT, Patrick, and Castroneves.

Someone said Legge wasn't a reason to go back to Indy for? Have you seen her, I'd go for her. :kookoo

2/24/08, 6:39 PM   #28
Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
I've never been to the Indy 500...
I've never been either.

2/24/08, 7:12 PM   #29
LEADERS EDGE

Let me ask this: Did anybody watch the race just because Stewart,Hewitt,Kinser,Yeley,Leffler,Michner,Carlso n,Boat,John Andretti,Jones,little A.J., and/or Beechler were in it?

If you did, do you not watch now because guys like them aren't in it?

Did you still not watch it even though they were in it?

2/24/08, 7:22 PM   #30
Dwight Clock

I watch it no matter what because it is the Indy 500. I watch it much more intensely when there are real American open wheel drivers in it. The real difference for me is the weeks leading up to the race. With no American open wheelers there is little, if any, interest in practice and qualifying for me. I am not alone in this type of thinking. That is evidenced by the recent pole day crowds which are merely a fraction of what they used to be.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The 2008 Indy 500