IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout
2/8/09, 12:07 AM   #21
Re: OT: Bud Shootout
Kirk Spridgeon

I really wish they could have shown the World of Outlaws race on Speed tonight instead of the NASCAR race. That was one helluva race tonight....the dash was a good one with Cody Darrah making a great move to pass two cars in the final corner to finish second. He led the feature for a while before Jason Sides took over...and Joey Saldana, who led the first two laps, tracked Jason down and slid him in the final set of corners to take the win! Haud ended up third, and Stevie Smith and Steve Kinser ran their butts off to finish in the top-five....woulda been much better TV tonight!!

2/8/09, 12:07 AM   #22
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceace View Post
The only good NASCAR races anymore are the restrictor plates. There's really not as much skill as there is luck.
I think there is lots of skill required; I just think it's a completely different skill than what's required for "normal" racing.

2/8/09, 1:43 AM   #23
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic monkey21 View Post
The only time I ever see double file restarts used is the Halloween 200, but that's because it would be impossible to restart all the cars single file. There is also some late model organizations that used that use the Delaware double file. For those that are not familiar its basically the leader by themselves and the rest of the field double file behind.
Growing up in California, the few tracks that restarted like that called it a Texas restart. Now that I live in Texas, most fendered classes (and mods) use that kind of restart. Until there are too many yellows, that is.

2/8/09, 10:03 AM   #24
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I really wish they could have shown the World of Outlaws race on Speed tonight instead of the NASCAR race. That was one helluva race tonight....the dash was a good one with Cody Darrah making a great move to pass two cars in the final corner to finish second. He led the feature for a while before Jason Sides took over...and Joey Saldana, who led the first two laps, tracked Jason down and slid him in the final set of corners to take the win! Haud ended up third, and Stevie Smith and Steve Kinser ran their butts off to finish in the top-five....woulda been much better TV tonight!!
Hey Kirk WINGDGEON Does this mean you'll be at the Hagerstown or Lincoln OPENERS in February:wink

2/8/09, 10:31 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

IMHO this is better action than either the ARCA or Shootout race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqnko_x9KD0

2/8/09, 10:41 AM   #26
terrehautian

i agree Charles...can't wait to get there, hopefully thsi year.

2/8/09, 10:56 AM   #27
cecil98

crash fest. joke. i just can't watch neckcar anymore. i'll watch the D 500 because there's a party attached to it.

2/8/09, 11:59 AM   #28
Tim Watson

I don't follow Napcar either but i did watch last night. During the year i do watch the races from only 3 specific tracks: Daytona, Talladega and Bristol. Do you see a pattern here? :confused:

2/8/09, 12:56 PM   #29
cecil98

I would rather watch a Lifetime movie and check to see how the sprint car guys are faring during the commercials. That's how little I care for neckcar.

2/8/09, 1:59 PM   #30
racefan20

:sleep:

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: Bud Shootout