IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cole Whitt 2010?
1/25/10, 7:21 PM   #21
Re: Cole Whitt 2010?
Russ

I guess it just makes me sad that a talented young racer would consider a dinky little regional stock car series a step up from USAC.

1/25/10, 8:33 PM   #22
sprinter25

Camping World East

Camping World Truck

Nationwide

Sprint Cup

If Cole does well, he can advance along those lines...

where's he going to go if he wins multiple USAC championships? In the article, Cole states his ambition to get to the top of whatever series he competes in....I say wish him well and congratulate him on earning the opportunity!

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
1/25/10, 8:36 PM   #23
lilrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I guess it just makes me sad that a talented young racer would consider a dinky little regional stock car series a step up from USAC.

Who is Joey Logano? I think he came from that same "dinky little regional stock car series." I suppose it wouldn't be a step up if he wanted to race USAC the rest of his life.

Usac is a feeder series for young up and comers for bigger and better things if opportunity arises!! Just be happy for the kid. He has paid his dues

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
1/25/10, 9:14 PM   #24
Russ

I'm not knocking him at all. I think he is a very talented kid and a heck of a racer. I just can't believe that USAC has sunk to the point where it is considered a "feeder series" for anything. It was once "The Destination".

1/25/10, 9:31 PM   #25
wideopen24

Go get um Cole I cant wait to see you at the top... no matter how many stops you make between now and then!!!

1/25/10, 9:43 PM   #26
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Haven't you ever noticed when you tell someone you like racing, they just assume it's NASCAR. Or the odd look you get when you say "I'm going to a midget race". Or that if someone might know what a sprint car is they mention "the ones with the big spoiler on the top". Outside of Indiana, not too many people know what USAC is.

I would like to see Cole race in Indy, stay in a sprint car, but who wouldn't go to where the money is.

1 member likes this post: duel
1/25/10, 10:08 PM   #27
turn1fan

I have enjoyed watching Cole for the last 3 years. I hope to be able to watch him for many more years. I am also a Tony Stewart fan and after following him through USAC and the IRL It is his fault I spend Sundays watching NASCAR. I say to Cole.....if racing on Sunday is your goal, go get it! I'll enjoy following your progress! Just pleasealong the way remember where you came from.

1 member likes this post: darnall
1/25/10, 10:43 PM   #28
jerrydt

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Haven't you ever noticed when you tell someone you like racing, they just assume it's NASCAR. Or the odd look you get when you say "I'm going to a midget race". Or that if someone might know what a sprint car is they mention "the ones with the big spoiler on the top". Outside of Indiana, not too many people know what USAC is.

I would like to see Cole race in Indy, stay in a sprint car, but who wouldn't go to where the money is.
Well said, you are so right.

1/25/10, 11:18 PM   #29
Russ

It just really bugs me that so many people seem to think that NASCAR is where the best racers are. That it is the "Major Leagues" of racing. I guess money wise it is but there are really only a handful of real racers there. There are a 100 drivers in NASCAR who could win in that #48 slot car. Can you imagine what kind of events the Hoosier 100 and Indy 500 could be if all the best racers were there again. Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Robby Gordon, Dave Blaney, Steve Kinser, Sammy Swindell, Donny Schatz, Tony Kanaan, Sam Hornisch, Scott Dixon, Dan Wheldon, Danica Patrick lined up with Dave Darland, Jerry Coons, Tracey Hines, Cole Whitt, Jesse Hockett, Cory Kruseman, JJ Yeley, Scott Bloomquist, Rick Eckert in real race cars running the Indy Mile on Friday then IMS on Sunday. You couldn't build enough seats around the tracks. Or all these guys running Winchester, Salem, Eldora, Williams Grove, Kokomo, Knoxville or Lawrenceburg. I know I'm probably living in a fantasy world but I really believe it could happen again. Just not with the people who are in charge now.

1/26/10, 12:20 AM   #30
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm not knocking him at all. I think he is a very talented kid and a heck of a racer. I just can't believe that USAC has sunk to the point where it is considered a "feeder series" for anything. It was once "The Destination".
It was only "The Destination" when a ride in the Indy 500 was the top of the USAC ladder.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cole Whitt 2010?