IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week
11/14/10, 12:59 PM   #21
Re: Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint we
Sandy Lowe

Just thinking out loud...

I wonder if the fact that LPS held 2 sprint car races against Sprint Week last year (plus another sprint race against the Sept. USAC show at Terre Haute) had any bearing on the promoters decision.

If just 10 fans decided to go to Lincoln Park on July 10th & July 17th, versus attending the Sprint Week shows on those dates, that decision took $200 out of the pockets of the promoters at Gas City & Haubstadt.

3 members like this post: Hubie, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
11/14/10, 2:00 PM   #22
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Just thinking out loud...

I wonder if the fact that LPS held 2 sprint car races against Sprint Week last year (plus another sprint race against the Sept. USAC show at Terre Haute) had any bearing on the promoters decision.

If just 10 fans decided to go to Lincoln Park on July 10th & July 17th, versus attending the Sprint Week shows on those dates, that decision took $200 out of the pockets of the promoters at Gas City & Haubstadt.
Thats the way I heard it

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

11/14/10, 3:06 PM   #23
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Thanks Spridge! Nothing really matters to me any more..... they can do what they want... I'm injecting my own opinion on this one... Despite what others on here might believe, my name is meaningless to the sport.

My problem here is not with USAC! plain and simple. It is with those promoters that are holding that vote. They are using that vote to hold a race track/promoter hostage. What is stupid about the whole thing is that there is a large enough mileage span between the all the tracks that car count isn't a problem... Fans aren't stupid.... They know where the big races are and they will be going to them. Drivers aren't stupid... they're going where the money is...

Joe Spiker has a job to do... that job requires him to promote Lincoln Park Speedway and create a successful racing program at Putnamville.

In my opinion... this decision by the current sprint car promoters did nothing to help the sport! Of course, I seriously doubt their interested in doing "good" for the sport... all they want is their "BIG PAY DAY". LPS is becoming a thriving race track again.... that is good for the sport.

If you build it the right way.... our sport will benefit and so will everyone else involved in it.

Thanks to Joe Spiker, LPS will be a thriving race track for many years to come.
So Joe wants a Sprintweek date only for the good of the sport and Jiggs and Dave and Mike and Tom only want one for the big pay day?????? If that's your opinion Bill, then I respectfully disagree.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/14/10, 5:35 PM   #24
D.O.

SUMMARIES: 123 Feature Races

TRACKS Bloomington Speedway 23 Races Kokomo Speedway 20 Races
Lawrenceburg Speedway 15 Races 2 each in 07/08
Lincoln Park Speedway 14 Races out last 5 yrs
Twin Cities Raceway Park 12 Races
Tri-State Speedway 11 Races
Paragon Speedway 10 Races
Gas City Speedway 9 Races 2 each in 07/08
Terre Haute Action track 9 Races
Kamp 3 Races
Avilla 1 Race
Eldora 1 Race
Brownstown 1 Race

Track history of Indiana Sprintweek started in 1988 by Avilla, Paragon, Bloomington, Kokomo and Putnamville.
42 Usac Races at Putnamville

11/14/10, 6:01 PM   #25
Sandy Lowe

42 USAC sprint races at Lawrenceburg since 9/18/83.

11/14/10, 7:07 PM   #26
axsom#11

nothing wrong with a black slick track , you just have to know how to set it up and drive it . If your off a little on the set up your scr---d . LPS should get a race . If I remember right I couldn't see the race for the dust at brownstown , but its a great track , they just need to keep the dust down a little bit . I know they have water down there. they need to use it.

1 member likes this post: Hubie
11/14/10, 8:22 PM   #27
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
So Joe wants a Sprintweek date only for the good of the sport and Jiggs and Dave and Mike and Tom only want one for the big pay day?????? If that's your opinion Bill, then I respectfully disagree.
Giving a sprint week race to a track that runs a quality weekly sprint car program is good for the sport. I really should not have said the other promoters were only interested in a big pay day. I know they(the other promoters) aren't that way. That was my frustration coming out. I've watched lps go from a powerhouse sprint car track to a leaking turd house and now back on its way to being a powerhouse again. I just want to see the best for lps. And Sprint week represents the best part of our sport. I am guilty of loving LPS and wanting more success for my friend Joe Spiker.

Please feel free to beat me up for that. I've got tough skin. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Hubie
11/14/10, 8:32 PM   #28
kasey2020

I don't understand why a track should "shut down" on a regular night just because there is a Sprint Week show that night at another track? Believe it or not, there are alot of local sprint car drivers and teams that do not want to or can't affortd to run USAC shows and would still like to race during Sprint Week. Why should the racing world stop for Sprint Week? I think Mr. Spiker was fair to the folks that race at his place each week and provided them an alternative to USAC. Not everyone is a devote USAC fan and participant!

7 members like this post: bighd0522, Hubie, jim goerge, LPS Insider, PAW, Racer12, Topless77
11/14/10, 9:19 PM   #29
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

What else is new. USAC acting like their cr*p don't stink. LPS is a good track in my opinion. They should have a USAC Sprint Week date if they want it. Should ask the weekly sprint car tracks before they ask a late model track...

11/14/10, 9:29 PM   #30
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey2020 View Post
I don't understand why a track should "shut down" on a regular night just because there is a Sprint Week show that night at another track? Believe it or not, there are alot of local sprint car drivers and teams that do not want to or can't affortd to run USAC shows and would still like to race during Sprint Week. Why should the racing world stop for Sprint Week? I think Mr. Spiker was fair to the folks that race at his place each week and provided them an alternative to USAC. Not everyone is a devote USAC fan and participant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
What else is new. USAC acting like their cr*p don't stink. LPS is a good track in my opinion. They should have a USAC Sprint Week date if they want it. Should ask the weekly sprint car tracks before they ask a late model track...
First, USAC doesnt determine what tracks get sprint week dates(although I think they should) the promoters of the sprint week tracks determine who gets into their "club". I'm pretty sure USAC would like Put to have a sprintweek date. As far as the other tracks shutting down their local show if it opposes a sprintweek race, that has been a gentlemens agreement between those promoters.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week