1/14/08, 11:14 AM   #22
Re: Levi Jones on Jack Slash
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Right! Except about the Chargers and the Patriots!!:emote20:

1/14/08, 11:56 AM   #23
Kirk Spridgeon

I think it was the way Levi did it that rubbed everyone wrong.

Most would probably agree that Sweet had something coming, but Levi took it up a notch. Unfortunately, it ended the best run of the Chili Bowl up to that point. Sweet probably owes him one down the line somewhere...

Unfortunately, things get heated without much ventilation in that building!! haha

Drew- Stratton's take-out was for the transfer spot. If he said that it was unintentional, I don't really believe it. It was a lot like Levi's move, actually. Then came the controversy of who did get the transfer. Ron Shuman made it back to the line 6th, but they went back a lap and gave it to Billy Wease, who was eighth at the time behind Buckwalter and Stratton.

As for Shuman, I thought it was a shame to end his run after coming back from being spun out TWICE already that night. All the guy had done was race his butt off to get to that spot and then have it taken away. He wanted to protest, but was not allowed to talk to anyone before the A Main was pushed off. Had I been him, I would have argued the point of flatness. They DID say that anything but the left-front being flat would be a black flag, but they DIDN'T specify what flat was. Obviously, he still had some air in it and was able to pull away in the final few laps. What was more unsafe was the bent header caused by the major plowing he took from Troy Rutheford when they were both in transfer spots...

1/14/08, 12:15 PM   #24
Shawn

I'm pretty sure that I've seen Stratton use that move at the Chili Bowl before. He was one away from the transfer spot and flat took out Mat Neely, I think. It was the year after Stratton put on a show in the #50, if I'm not mistaken. He was in the Lein #2 and Neely was in the #35, for the first time...

1/14/08, 12:21 PM   #25
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
Had it been another "popular" driver....many on here would be calling for his head. Funny how the standard seems to slide based on the "offender"!
I am trying to call the last time Levi took someone out? I'm sure he has!
When a driver runs into guys regularly (another popular driver) then each time becomes more of an issue, thus, a thread with over a 100 replies twice inside of a month!

1/14/08, 12:45 PM   #26
Racerrob

This on is still fresh my mind:

MSCS race (Hoosier Fall Classic) at Lawrenceburg September? 2006. Huggypole race track and Levi took Jerry Coons out of the lead by spinning him down the front straight in front of the entire field.

Rob Hoffman

1/14/08, 1:08 PM   #27
petey

Might be an interesting season b/t the two USAC super teams. Bacon and Smoke were going at it pretty good in the A. If Tony decided to spin out Brady it would have been on!

Talking about Stratton back in 2005, I too remember the move on Neely and also remember on his qual. night he took out Thomas Messeraul in a race.

1/14/08, 5:30 PM   #28
Dale800

Levi Jones showed no class saturday night much like the Swindells showed no class all summer. It was pretty clear that Cottle was faster then DD but could not pass him clean, so he didnt pass him. Probibly out of respect for the way DD has raced him over the years, just a guess. Everybody has a bad day and taked sombody out, but to say oh gee well thats the way the guy/team has raced me in the past so it ok:thumbsdown: At Bloomington I saw them remove several guys from races for contact( yes including cottle) but they were pretty consistant in the rule if you hit sombody from behind you went to the pits. I saw Shelby Miles even get the black flag in his modified. Better would be to let them settle the score in the pits like a Bob Kinser or Dick Gains used to and the slide jobs would be cut way way down.

1/14/08, 5:43 PM   #29
OpenwheelRob

How about Terry McCarl? (TMAC) he was like a bull in a china closet. I was watching it on TV and it seemed like almost at every yellow his blue car was in the screen.

1/14/08, 5:53 PM   #30
Sprint Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
I called the spin out the turn before. I told my son Levi would get Sweet back for that slider. So the next turn he got him back. I like Sweet and think he is a great racer. But I knew it was coming and he probably did to. Also I was impressed with how clean Kevin Swindell raced.
Funny we were watching it and I said the same thing right before Jonesy ordered the take out! :applaud:

You race people like they race you and vice versa! :eek:

Out to be an interesting season!

I CAN'T WAIT! :thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones on Jack Slash