IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service
9/13/12, 9:38 AM   #21
Re: Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years servic
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
Don't you think that USAC's own unprofessional actions could've caused this?

So- you think its ok for USAC to treat their sponsors & members poorly because they lie publicly and write nice press releases? But when someone is willing to express an honest opinion it is unprofessional?
When it's done in a public way,it's unprofessional. I've never seen a sponsor do this in such public way in any form of motorsports.

I made no comment about USAC being the "good guys" in this pissing match. I don't have a dog in this fight.

9/13/12, 10:46 AM   #22
kstudley57

Dave is a standup guy.. true loss to the better good of open wheel. Can't blame anyone for moving on after pushing the same rock up the same hill everyday only to get tripped by someone at the top.

I vote for John Jones... Gas up the Hurricane.

2 members like this post: groove grabber, opnwhlmnd
9/13/12, 11:24 AM   #23
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
It was rather unprofessional for a sponsor to throw USAC under the bus in such a public way. JMO.
WHY?
these days, everyone is so scared about gaining and losing sponsors. i think they have every right to say whats on their mind since they are a "marketing partner" and have money invested in the success of usac.

9/13/12, 11:38 AM   #24
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
WHY?
these days, everyone is so scared about gaining and losing sponsors. i think they have every right to say whats on their mind since they are a "marketing partner" and have money invested in the success of usac.
So if USAC makes negative comments about a "marketing partner" on Twitter, does that make USAC right?

That would be equally unprofessional.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Seadog
9/13/12, 11:52 AM   #25
c47

no.....its not right for usac to "bite the hand that feeds" but if it was me that dumped a bunch of money into a series and they pissed me off bad enough, i wouldnt hesitate to speak my mind. apparently usac must have done something to make the guy wanna vent his frustrations.

9/13/12, 11:59 AM   #26
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
no.....its not right for usac to "bite the hand that feeds" but if it was me that dumped a bunch of money into a series and they pissed me off bad enough, i wouldnt hesitate to speak my mind. apparently usac must have done something to make the guy wanna vent his frustrations.
....do it in private!.... not on Twitter... I guess he deleted his one Tweet from last night.

1 member likes this post: Seadog
9/13/12, 12:26 PM   #27
Revolution Racing

This kind of thing has been going on for a very long time now. I can remember similar comments from sponsors going all the way back to Jolly Rancher and MCI - what was that, about 20 years ago? Frankly, I'm amazed that the club has been able to drag this decline out over so many years. Were it not for the quality of the cars and drivers on the track this deal would have been toast 15 years ago. As it is, we're circling the drain...

9/13/12, 12:32 PM   #28
c47

"....do it in private!.... not on Twitter..."

perhaps he got tired of doing it in private and needed to vent.
deleting his twitter post was probably the right thing to do but even deleting it apparently didnt make it go away.....we are talking about it.

9/13/12, 12:52 PM   #29
MatMiller

Marketing partners have the right to do whatever they want, whenever they want, and HOWEVER they want. They pay the bills.

2 members like this post: koolaid89, racephoto1
9/13/12, 3:05 PM   #30
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I wonder how the wonderful Ignite Fuel sponsorship is looking for next season?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service