IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules
3/7/10, 10:31 PM   #21
Re: Nascar rules
Rpracing1

I hope Carl got an Atta-Boy and a Miller Light from them cats in the NASCRAP trailor in his "Meeting".

3/7/10, 10:32 PM   #22
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
1) Racerdog45, what kind of car was that you showed? Was it a Simonize, Indy car or something? Can't remember that car?

2) Bruce Harrison that is a cool shirt. All racing jackets should have that logo/saying on it. That is very cool! Do you sell those shirts/sweaters.

3) I think the incident with Carl today is like when Donnie and Cale threw punches at each other. It might of been a bad thing, but more fans tuned in. Kind of like a soap opera. Dangerous, but that is the nature of the sport.

4) And from some of the videos, sprint car have been doin' a lot of bang/rubbing lately and every racers holds a grudge and waits for the day to pay back. Brad just got payed back. I think both want to calm it down now.

Larry "O" and God Bless all Indianopenwheel fans.
If you're talking about my signature picture it's Herk in the Mallard at Indy

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
3/7/10, 11:31 PM   #23
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr32 View Post
Want goes around, comes around. Not just talking about todays race. Brad has a history of wrecking competitors. How about flipping Carl last year, what was done about that. Carl did not expect him to flip, but he wanted a payback that would count. Good going Carl, what happened with NASCAR saying they were going to let the drivers settle it on the track. This is the only way you teach a banger that you can get banged in return. Some of you open wheel guys do not understand the stock car mentality. Out of my 48 years of driving, I drove stock cars for twenty years of that and that was the way you handled things. No arguement, just my honest opinion. Sam Stockon Sr.
I bet these 2 will be careful around each other now---- thus they police themselves .-----Nascar stay out of it ,stick to your word at the biginning of the year

3/8/10, 1:46 AM   #24
gary curry

Alrighty, then !! That ought to take care of it for awhile. If Carl didn't do it, Hamlin or one of probably many others would have dumped his scrawny butt sooner or later. Maybe they'll all get down to the business of racing again.

2 members like this post: mnnonwing, SUPERDUKE
3/8/10, 4:03 AM   #25
Larryoracing

Yep, Gary, you are absolutely right. Roger Penske wants to have a little talk with Mr. Rousch, Carl and Brad in a private room to discuss the matter. Now, that's got to send chills down your spine...lol! I wouldn't want to go to that meeting...lol! Mainly because it is all about money and sponsors and public opinion. And nobody want to be the butt of any joke or conversations or any opinion associated by the actions of those two men. Too much money is at stake.

I think Carl was surprized how high Brad got and I think Brad did realize
how close to death one could come.

I think they both will be better racers for it. But there are a lot of guys that will feel cheated they didn't get that one last shot at Brad...dang!

Sincerely,

Larry Otani

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
3/8/10, 6:20 AM   #26
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
1) Racerdog45, what kind of car was that you showed? Was it a Simonize, Indy car or something? Can't remember that car?

2) Bruce Harrison that is a cool shirt. All racing jackets should have that logo/saying on it. That is very cool! Do you sell those shirts/sweaters.

3) I think the incident with Carl today is like when Donnie and Cale threw punches at each other. It might of been a bad thing, but more fans tuned in. Kind of like a soap opera. Dangerous, but that is the nature of the sport.

4) And from some of the videos, sprint car have been doin' a lot of bang/rubbing lately and every racers holds a grudge and waits for the day to pay back. Brad just got payed back. I think both want to calm it down now.

Larry "O" and God Bless all Indianopenwheel fans.

To do something like that is completely stupid. If you have a grudge that is fine but payback someone on track at speed is completely unacceptable, stupid, and should get a lifetime ban. Not only could the driver be hurt or killed but also the fans and if that were to happen in NASCAR on live tv with so many eyeballs watching it would be the end of autoracing in this country. This ain't 1955 anymore. LeMans, Indianapolis and the many many local deaths damn near ended motorsports on a global scale and that was well before the level of interest was ever this high.

Stupidity like this stuff today must be dealt with fast, harsh, and made an example of to ALL racers that this on track grudge paybacks needs to stop.

2 members like this post: SprintManDave, STP
3/8/10, 8:04 AM   #27
interpreter66

on a related note
the w.w.e goes against t.n.a wrassling head to head tonight :2:

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
3/8/10, 9:48 AM   #28
Re: NASCAR Rules
Shawn

I have to totally agree with Mr. Stockon on this one. NASCAR told the drivers that they are to "Police Themselves", so that's what probably what Carl was doing. However, I don't think Atlanta was the best place to do it. Carl did not know that Brad was going to flip, that can't be factored in. My guess is that he simply wanted to spin him and ruin his good day, just like Brad ruined his day. If the air doesn't get under the car, it's not nearly the discussion that it is now, period.

This was nowhere close to the first person that Keslowski has ran into. That plays into the equation a lot, I think. If he had a reputation as a clean driver, I don't think you would have seen retaliation. Brad has had this coming and it probably isn't the last driver that gets Brad. Starting last year, he really started being too aggressive last season and it's carried over this year.

Yes, I think the first wreck was Brad's fault. Carl was running normal line, arcing it in the corner. Brad knew that, but didn't cut him any slack. He drove it in there and wrecked Carl. Brad was nowhere near beside Carl and got into him. I guess we'll see what NASCAR does about it. I think a suspension isn't appropriate. It's NASCAR, so who knows what they'll do. Plus, it'll change week by week!

2 members like this post: midgetmaniac, TQ29m
3/8/10, 11:00 AM   #29
Lucky161

I happen to like both drivers in question. And I don't have a huge problem with paybacks. But at a track that fast, the possibility of one getting into the stands is very scary, not only for anyone involved, but for what it would do to racing in general. Racing is a dangerous sport even for the spectators, but I think they could keep this kind of retaliation to a minimum if they would suspend any driver more than a lap down for any contact. If they are more than a lap down, they are usually just cruising for points. If they aren't then they are probably planning a payback. For the few that could actually get their lap back and still be a factor in the race, they shouldn't be a problem since they would need to be clean in order to catch up.

3/8/10, 11:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
That is exactly what I did today. I just can't believe that we are the only people that think that enough is enough. Hell you would even have to believe that D.W knows this. Lots of empty seats there. LOTS!! Is this a sign of things to come,taking Bristol out the equation.
Bristol will not be sold out, you can get some very good deals on tickets right now. 10 coworkers used to go every year, they are not going this year. The track has made them some nice offers though. I would say martinsville will be the new track of choice.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar rules