IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Ineptitude....incredible
4/3/10, 9:32 AM   #21
Re: Eldora Ineptitude....incredible
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

do you think they should change the date just for dust?
Damn sure a better reason than an autograph session. BTW I know a few that showed up at Maid rite, where were you?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 4/3/10 at 9:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
4/3/10, 9:49 AM   #22
i4bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
If memory serves me correctly, Larry Kemp came from a pavement track background. I don't believe that he had any dirt track experience prior to taking over at Eldora. Might help explain why the track is in the shape that it is in?
If this is true Tony needs to fire Kemp. Anyone who even worked under Earl selling tickets would know more about dirt track prep than Kemp.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/3/10, 9:52 AM   #23
Blitzman

New clay and woodchips? WTH happend during the off season that I missed? Iv always have said the Larry2 show needs to be fired..

4/3/10, 9:57 AM   #24
REH24

[QUOTE=mikew;162918]I will be mailing my ticket stub in to the track next week with a short letter expressing how grateful I am for past events like the million. But I will close by suggesting that they refund my money, because there is no chance that I will be going back to Eldora this year. Maybe never again. We shall see. I would be understanding if the event was rained out, but this just smacks of Dave Allison style track prep.

Might suggest that instead of mailing complaints with ticket stubs to the track mail them directing to Tony at his Indy office address. I am sure knowing Tony that if he sees this many fans unhappy he will do something about it and improve track conditions.

REH

4/3/10, 10:49 AM   #25
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
damn sure a better reason than an autograph session. Btw i know a few that showed up at maid rite, where were you?
did they like it? I had to go to celina ohio! Will for sure be in minster eagles at 4 pm come up and have a drink and some good food!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4bikes View Post
if this is true tony needs to fire kemp. Anyone who even worked under earl selling tickets would know more about dirt track prep than kemp.
dirt and pavement and they ran him out of iowa tracks!!!!!

4/3/10, 10:54 AM   #26
SprintManDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD 37 View Post
If last night had happened at any other race track USAC would not go back, but since it's TSR and Eldora they will return. People shouldn't go back to Eldora.

During the drivers meeting a USAC official said, "about the track conditions, it's no one's fault" You have got to be kidding me!!

SPD 37
Well, it must have been an act of God.No, on second thought ,even God wouldn't let that happen.

2 members like this post: SteveD, SUPERDUKE
4/3/10, 11:24 AM   #27
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Tony Stewart needs to come out from hiding and issue a public statement.

Start with posting it on the Eldora website and it will spread via the internet like wildfire.

Any good CEO/OWNER would have made a public statement by now accepting the blame for the situation and detailing measures that are being taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I stayed away from Eldora for about 10 years. Went back 1 time last year and it wasn't too bad. Took my wife and 14 year old last night. They said even before things were canceled that they won't be coming back.

We are waiting Tony....Step up to the podium and speak......Before you lose multiple generations of fans.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, buck2
4/4/10, 1:27 PM   #28
duel

after the 1st set of sprint hot-laps two of my friends got their money back. one i had just talked into going last week after he vowed not to return from 2 years ago. i think Eldora lost that one. over 40 years coming to this place i can't remember having such good spring weather only to be screwed by a clueless bunch in charge of track prep. NO Excuses for that track not being ready. where in the hell are they getting this stuff from? the desert? what a beautiful facility for racing with a horrible surface. sell the jumbotron screen for some black fast tacky dirt please!

4/4/10, 1:48 PM   #29
rrc

I was going to make the 4 hr. one way trip for the USAC show as I have countlerss other times that USAC goes to Eldora. Unfortunately, some health issues cropped up and I couldn't make the trip. Little did i know it must have been my God looking out for me as i'm not sure I could have endured what transpired. TONY STEWART! quit worrying about all the wanna be NASCAR conveniences and get a track surface!!!!!! Thats what brings me to the races.

2 members like this post: Speedwrench, SUPERDUKE
4/4/10, 3:22 PM   #30
Damion Fan In Pa.

My 2 daughters and I drove 8 hours to get there spent the night in A hotel $25.00 each for pit passes and 8 hour drive back, and seen no racing. If the track crew was on top of their game we could of seen 2 awesome nights of racing.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, SUPERDUKE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Ineptitude....incredible