IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
4/3/22, 10:57 AM   #251
Re: Tire Dopers
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby454 View Post
As far as price I’ve heard $500 a gallon. But I can’t with certainty say that’s accurate.
Then you ask Charles ... Also, we’re you there to confirm the tire in question was purchased at the track? Orrrrr just more hearsay?
Does Charles have different standards to live up to here than you have? You are criticizing him for the same thing you are doing.

4/3/22, 11:19 AM   #252
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We're just fans who needs a race and IMHO the more racers the better

1 member likes this post: nw410gurl
4/3/22, 11:46 AM   #253
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
We're just fans who needs a race and IMHO the more racers the better
As I see it, there are a few options, none of which the promoters will like, but it looks like change it, or it's just gonna go away, which is not what anyone wants, but, it's the same old thing, follow the money. My unabashed thought is to go back to an open tire rule, open it up to the people who still make real racing tires, and leter rip tater chip, you'll probably have a lot more happiness on at least 2 sides, and so what if the dopers and promoters are unhappy, they just might get happy when they see more happy people in the facilities, that's my solution, and I'm sticking to it 😉.
Last edited by TQ29m; 4/3/22 at 11:48 AM.

1 member likes this post: Oleman61x
4/3/22, 11:52 AM   #254
bighd0522

I wonder if multiple samples were taken from Ruble and Leary's tire?

1 member likes this post: dshort36
4/3/22, 11:54 AM   #255
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im all for opening up competition between brands, always have been.

But that in no way stops doping. Think it should be like LM racing three hardness choices..

Lets even have a pre feature draw for number of laps 30-35-40 laps.

The 410 rule has driven the price of motors from say 20k to 70k . If someone put in a twin turbo ecotech and beat em with a 20k motor. Id be extatic. but the rules don't allow it. Just like the twin hyabusa midget a few years back. half the cost. the same or better torque and horsepower won races, was limited then outlawed.

You got one brand, One hardness unless the harder is approved. Wouldn't surprise me if someone is looking for a edge but like I said before, Knowing the podium gets tested, Why would you?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/3/22 at 11:57 AM.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
4/3/22, 1:23 PM   #256
TQ29m

I'm not in anyway saying do away with doping, it's outa hand and has been, but open up the tires to let everyone make their choice, General?, of course AR, and Hoosier, and whom ever makes a genuine RACE tire, let em dope, but not let them run off the guys who entertain us the most, the doppers will get the picture, maybe, it is costing them money too, and when the well runs dry, no fans, no payout, no racing, how much will it all have been worth, nada, zip, gone, no racing, no buyers, Hornets is where it's at! No, don't even try to stop it, given other choices, it'll die on the vine. JMHO opinion, from many years of duty.

4/3/22, 1:26 PM   #257
Hamby454

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Does Charles have different standards to live up to here than you have? You are criticizing him for the same thing you are doing.
My source on that is actually a sprint car owner who inquired about prep from known prepper. I’m just saying I don’t know for sure because I didn’t hear it out of his mouth(the actual prep guy). I also made it known it was hearsay. As stated was Charles at the track to confirm the tire was bought that night? No, did he say it without a doubt that tire was purchased at the track? Yes. How does he know?
Last edited by Hamby454; 4/3/22 at 1:30 PM.

4/3/22, 1:32 PM   #258
flagboy55

So far the only party I’ve seen willing to prove their case is the sanction body. The rest is pure conjecture. Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, drtrcr86
4/3/22, 2:27 PM   #259
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Whether or not you think the sanctioning body proved it's case, this isn't a court of law. The appearance of impropriety is enough to do damage to a sanctioning body. Normally USAC can do USAC, and no harm no foul, no one else is paying real money for NW sprints. In a year that sees a rival series starting up, it may spell doom for USAC. Teams that are not in the "clique" may just save there equipment to run with the extreme series. In 2022, the ability to get ahold of tires is a question mark, and the prices are outrageous. So USAC may have taken care of "their" guys, but everyone else may stay away. I have seen flexible rule books kill divisions before. I have also seen tracks that strictly enforce their rules grow classes dramatically.

3 members like this post: dshort36, Hamby454, sprint38racer
4/3/22, 3:10 PM   #260
flagboy55

Rhody I agree about adhering to the rules. But so what you’re saying is even if it’s proven that the tires needed more testing, and that the initial test was not comprehensive enough, you’re still not going to believe them? Kinda reminds me of some other things going on in the country

3 members like this post: captrat, PIT CART, TommyTipover
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers