IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city weather
7/10/17, 1:09 PM   #11
Re: Gas city weather
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Charles,the forecast for today is rain,tomorrow is severe weather.lets think ahead.ironically,sprintweek could be over after two events with this weather pattern.my question to the forum is this.hypothetically,if it would rain thru saturday and rain out all events what would occur.i doubt if after only two events the entire week would be scrapped.lets here some well thought out opinions.not sarcastic thoughts and saying that this is an impossibility.you plan for these possible events if you are an organization.
Any track that has run the Sunday after has taken a bath financially. People who are on vacation have to get back. It doesn't work. Haubstadt taking the finale is even risky for them because some teams aren't able to finish the week. Heading to Gas City in a little while and will stay until they tell us not to.

7/10/17, 1:16 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Neveremind

1 member likes this post: The Fanthom
7/10/17, 1:24 PM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
Did somebody appoint this guy the official weather man of iow?

If so i missed the memo that announced we had regular OMG it might RAIN at some point over the next 3 weeks, at a race track. Featuring worthless thread starter of possible doom and gloom, Mr. Negative Nelly.

Stay tuned for all the races to be rained out next week, as Negative Nelly will have it here first.
I guess since NN has forcasted rain we better turn around and go towards home and not GC....
I'm so glad IOW has the ignore option,I just added another one.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Crankin, hbmundy, jim goerge, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/10/17, 2:01 PM   #14
tdt636

Here's an idea...since its summer in Indiana and the weather forecasters put a small chance of rain every day to cover their butts, i think USAC should just cancel the rest of the season 😄😄😄😄😄

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt330, jim goerge, tirespinner, usac1957
7/10/17, 2:06 PM   #15
JYELEY

It's 2 pm now. Does anyone have a weather update?

7/10/17, 2:14 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

[quote=david mitchell;477563]Final round of sprintweek should be at any of the sprintweek tracks.not haubstadt,.i love haubstadt,but it is too far away for the base of fans.by all means run there,but not the final.a final event at any of the other tracks would guarantee a crowd like seen at kokomo sat
urday nite.haubstadt always has the smallest crowd of the week.give kokomo the final on their traditional sunday night.[/q

[quote=david mitchell;477563]Final round of sprintweek should be at any of the sprintweek tracks.not haubstadt,.i love haubstadt,but it is too far away for the base of fans.
Just exactly where is the base of Indiana sprint car fans located?
Last edited by ronmil; 7/10/17 at 2:28 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, oppweld
7/10/17, 2:43 PM   #17
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

I'll preface this by saying I respect Mr, Mitchell for his contributions to the sport. Judging by his posts, he does appear to attend a healthy amount of races.

However, I do wish he'd stop with these pointless weather posts. They do nothing to change precipitation patterns. And in the event a race is rained out, I'm sure all involved do their best to find a new date, but I do not believe USAC is scanning the IOW forums for opinions on when to reschedule. I'm not saying they don't consider fans when making decisions, but I doubt they come here for advice. When it comes to the weather, it's best to just go with the flow and hope because Mother Nature is going to be indifferent whether we like it or not. If you want to ask someone in the area how weather is at the track, then that's cool, but posting on here about how a race is doomed because there's a slight chance of rain and throwing out potential rain dates as if it'll make a difference is utterly pointless, in my opinion.

Also, why do you want to randomly strip Haubstadt of the finale? I'm in no way resistant to change, but shouldn't we be appreciating the fact we get 7 races in 9 days every year instead of worrying about how to change it so we aren't as inconvenienced by track location? Plus, Bloomington is the night before, which is the closest track to Haubstadt. That makes it easier on teams and fans who do the entire week. I've also got to think your claim of Haubstadt being the most poorly attended is just a feeling you had as you offered no statistical evidence. The fact is, Tri State Speedway is less than a 30 minute drive from one of the most populated cities in the state, Evansville. I doubt they have trouble with the crowd.

Keep attending races, Mr. Mitchell, but I just think you should potentially change the way you approach the sport. It's very easy to complain about how things could be better and be pessimistic, but try to avoid that and just embrace the pleasure of sitting in the stands watching sprint cars in the only state offering this fun to such a great extent the next time you're at the track.

7/10/17, 2:43 PM   #18
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
.haubstadt always has the smallest crowd of the week..
This guy has actual spectator counts also.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, ronmil, tirespinner
7/10/17, 3:32 PM   #19
treecitytornado

Looks like the weather may hold out until about the time Qualifying is going on and then all hell will break loose. 75% chance of Storms at 7, 95% at 8, 90% at 9, and 75% at 10.
Maybe they can try tomorrow.

7/10/17, 5:07 PM   #20
david mitchell
Banned

Hooray for the tree city tornado.someone who wants to be realistic.i know how donald,scott bloomquist, and danny dietrich feel.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas city weather