IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chili bowl ROC
1/10/17, 8:51 AM   #11
TKRacing

I guess my question is had CMR chose Justin, Shane, Ricky, or Tyler to fill Bryan's place would everyone be making such a big deal about it? Or is just because it's Donny?

1/10/17, 9:42 AM   #12
Re: chili bowl ROC
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKRacing View Post
If you haven't noticed TMEZ is on the list because of his car owner. There are quite a few on that list that are in the ROC because of their car owners past, but you only seemed to notice Schatz.

Brady is on Joe Doolings ticket thanks to BC.
Pittman is in because of Zarounian.
Pretty sure Stratton is in because of Bondio.
Bell has been in every year because he is Keith's pick.
Boat is in because of his car owner as well.

So why is it you are only gripping about Schatz?
Schatz has no reason to be in it. He's literally driving because BC is no longer with us to race the event. I can understand the owner provisional type rule thing but in this case...who is replacing Rich Vogler this year?

Someone mentioned Jay Drake. What about Dave Blaney, Andy Hillenburg, or Scott Hatton's spots? Does that mean anybody that can get one of those drivers blessing (or any other past champion who isn't competing) that they can race the VROC?

5 members like this post: jdull99, jim goerge, RyanKentJr, Sandy Lowe, team3521
1/10/17, 10:31 AM   #13
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKRacing View Post
I guess my question is had CMR chose Justin, Shane, Ricky, or Tyler to fill Bryan's place would everyone be making such a big deal about it? Or is just because it's Donny?
For me it is a rules issue. My feelings for Schatz are indifferent.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/10/17, 10:44 AM   #14
TKRacing

Well every year someone questions the rules out there. Heck They let Sammy run the A last year. Yes I'm sure there is a lot of favoritism out there but the powers that be obviously felt as though someone could replace BC. I'm not saying it's right or wrong and I agree with Nates post as well, but I feel a lot of the fuss is over people not liking Donny.

1/10/17, 12:03 PM   #15
Sandy Lowe

Wasn't Sammy given a provisional since he was the most recent Chili Bowl winner to fail to qualify for the A Main? If Rico makes the A Main Saturday and Schatz doesn't are we going to put Donny in the A Main because he "represents" BC?

Follow the rules and this isn't an issue.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 1/10/17 at 12:05 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/10/17, 1:11 PM   #16
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Look does it really matter to any of us personally who runs what car and who doesn't. The owner of the car has his or her choice of who he or she wants to drive there car. Donny said that BC had been on him for along time to run this event so he's running for CMR not a big deal! If with that comes a chance to run in a past champions race so be it. The people that run this event make the rules. It's there event is it fair probably not but life isn't fair. We aren't in control of anything at this event what so ever. Besides Rules aren't meant to be followed they are meant to be broken. I mean I bet you sped down the highway today I know I did! Just sayin!

1/10/17, 1:28 PM   #17
DRC II

This is the Chili Bowl folks, there are no rules here only guidelines. Whatever Emmett wants to happen, happens. I thought everybody always liked it this way in the past.

Mike Devin

5 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, K9Racer, scottyCbus, tirespinner
1/10/17, 2:23 PM   #18
TKRacing

It's the RoC I'm not sure why it's such a big deal anyway. If he gets special treatment on Saturday then I can understand the issue yall have. I don't think anyone on here posting has a dog in the fight, but it wouldn't be IOW without people moaning and groaning about something.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, scottyCbus, sprint72
1/10/17, 4:41 PM   #19
ModernDayDrifter

Race Count This Year: 47
Race Count Last Year: 37

Why can't we just be happy that they have assembled this star studded line up for a race with very little meaning to the outcome on Saturdays championship finale?

3 members like this post: K9Racer, scottyCbus, TBONE
1/10/17, 9:00 PM   #20
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Kyle and Rico on the front row! Should be a good one.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chili bowl ROC