IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who will be driving these cars
7/25/16, 8:41 AM   #11
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
What a silly post. Spencer is what? 18 at most? The kid is a heck of a gasser for how young he is.
I wouldn't pay any mind to that post. It's the same individual who recently said Kody Swanson didn't have any "ballz" in a separate thread, only to retract that view when Kody himself commented and Justin Grant offered his 2 cents as well. I guess he expects drivers to decline the opportunity to drive with KKM so they can build their racing careers in a more "respectable" fashion according to him. Evidently he's unaware that even with the high dollar teams, the cars don't drive themselves. Any sensible person who has watched Bayston drive can recognize the talent.

7/25/16, 8:48 AM   #12
hoosier race fan

These topics always go really well.

7/25/16, 9:22 AM   #13
streetglider

I will stand by my post. Nobody questioned how mov of a guy Spencer is , or even his talent for that matter. But I will say this... Guys like Darland , Elliott , Tray House , Joe Roush , Gary Fisher came from the school of hard knocks. Maybe you have heard of them. They earned every bit of respect that they got. They weren't just 18 years old showing up with a helmet bag.
Am I old school ? Absolutely and I won't apologize for that.

4 members like this post: CCI, Indy1808, Mrs.Goacher5g, PIT CART
7/25/16, 9:38 AM   #14
xoxide

If by "old school" you mean crotchety old man who never has something positive to say and always posts from a glass half empty perspective then yes, you are 110% correct sir.

8 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cj02, fish, leftturnonly, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, ronmil, Ty
7/25/16, 9:58 AM   #15
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Of course go with Spencer ! Another golden boy that hasn't earned a stripe. He's driven nothing but the best equipment around. Ever seen him show up anywhere with his OWN car or equipment ????? Enough said !!!! Heck even Charlie Sarver could win with the cars Bayston has driven.
Oh wait ... Charlie owned & worked on his own stuff.
So if you drive for your family or help finance a ride that you have....you can't ever get another ride that you don't pay for? Seems a little rough. Good thing Foyt didn't have to live by those rules when he started.

7/25/16, 10:53 AM   #16
Re: Who will be driving these cars
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Drivers get hired and fired all the time. Racings been like that forever! Unless you've got skin directly in the game, who's to say who should not be in a ride. Me I'm just happy there are owners out there pouring their soul and hard earned money into the sport!

7/25/16, 11:57 AM   #17
Scott42

Someone give JT Stapp a shot!

7/25/16, 12:17 PM   #18
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

I'm sure Brandon Mattox, JJ Hughes, AJ Hopkins, Dakota Jackson, Josh Hodges, Kyle Robbins would all do a good job for those teams if they got a shot at it! They do a good job with there own low budget stuff! Who ever they put in those cars both have one sweet rides! Good Luck to both of these really good teams the rest of the season!

3 members like this post: dirt330, streetglider, the1jet17
7/25/16, 12:23 PM   #19
Larry G.

Looking for young talent; take in a Saturday night Montpelier midget show and/or any POWRi midget show. Text me and I will share two or three names, 765 617-7614

3 members like this post: 99racing, BrianBSU23, Racer1039
7/25/16, 12:51 PM   #20
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Looking for young talent; take in a Saturday night Montpelier midget show and/or any POWRi midget show. Text me and I will share two or three names, 765 617-7614
I hear good things about that guy in the 97; if his daddy could afford to put him in a Kunz ride, look out...
No really; look out!
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: markmckeon
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who will be driving these cars