Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC HPD Series
2/17/15, 8:24 PM   #11
Re: USAC HPD Series
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Where does it say that, Jim? Jackson's page or the southern lightning Sprint page?

Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South...19021541606163

It's from Jan 14th on the timeline.
Andy, the post at the top seems to imply HPD Midgets only on the tarmac...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/17/15, 8:30 PM   #12
Jim Gardner

I'd love to give the pavement a try however I believe I have a wedding (lame.) on the weekend that they are back to back. The information I've gotten was from facebook looking at the southern ohio rules. I'm only about 90 minutes from all of their races but run methanol. I'd happily add some weight to run with them but apparently their members want nothing to do with it.

2/17/15, 9:44 PM   #13
chtaylor

jim where did you get the thought that the membership did not want you to run.

2/17/15, 10:14 PM   #14
Jim Gardner

A post on the Southern Ohio Lightning Minisprints facebook page that I asked on. The members voted and wanted all stock gas only without exception. Go figure.

2/17/15, 10:20 PM   #15
chtaylor

Jim ok understand now

2/18/15, 5:12 AM   #16
jyoung8j

im pretty sure that those rules were applied for jackson lightning sprint races. Not for the usac hpd series. I can double check and post on here. The members did vote on the american racer rr rule as well as the no alcohol rule. The rule on big scheduled event was to try to keep cars from coming in for one race and never coming back. Track owners are doing their best to keep the cost down and still enjoy racing. I dont disagree with trying to keep the big hogged out motors from making their way to the track. Many of the guys all had stock 1000 and wanted to keep everyone on a even playing field.. Hope this helps some. Some like the rule and some may not.

2/18/15, 6:32 AM   #17
jjones752

This is from the original post:
Mini sprint participants will be required to meet the rules and membership requirements of the co-sanctioning mini sprint association, and will not be required to obtain a USAC membership.
I understand the stock motor rule but methanol is considered by many to be a safety factor, and helps keep the motors cool, possibly prolonging their life.
The "two race" rule still seems quirky; a special event should be just that - special. Case in point is the non-wing show that the MMSA put on in Columbus last July 4th; Jay did a great job of promoting it on here as pretty much an "open" show and they got a great turnout and had an awesome race. So, it may have been the only time some of us ran with them; our back gate money still went in the cash box and I'm guessing it was welcome...
Last edited by jjones752; 2/18/15 at 6:55 AM.

2/18/15, 6:54 AM   #18
jyoung8j

theres a meeting this sat ill ask what the rules are for the hpd shows.. I cant imagine they would stick to no alcohol and the spec tire due to the fact that the usac guys wont b doing either..

2/18/15, 6:57 AM   #19
jjones752

No disrespect, but read the post; sounds like USAC is treating it as 2 separate classes that happen to be on the track together; house rules, no USAC points.

2/18/15, 8:50 AM   #20
chtaylor

The reason for spelling out separate rules is just for tech. Each sanctioning body would be inspection their own cars. Nothing more that that.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC HPD Series