IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Hosts Midgets Saturday Sept. 20 & Sept. 27
9/21/14, 8:36 AM   #11
Re: Montpelier Hosts Midgets Saturday Sept. 20 & Sept. 27
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Did you leave them at the track on accident? I hope some pos didn't lift them off your hands on the way home.
No, they were on the rack and we locked them up before we left; further inspection this morning revealed a tire mark on the RR trailer fender so they came off en route. Apparently in our haste to depart the lock wasn't clicked home. Just hope it didn't cause any problems behind us; I was awake half the night, tossing around the concept of a tire bar that doesn't rely on the lock to keep it in place.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

9/21/14, 8:50 AM   #12
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
No, they were on the rack and we locked them up before we left; further inspection this morning revealed a tire mark on the RR trailer fender so they came off en route. Apparently in our haste to depart the lock wasn't clicked home. Just hope it didn't cause any problems behind us; I was awake half the night, tossing around the concept of a tire bar that doesn't rely on the lock to keep it in place.
I built a rack for a guy that had a similar journey that still used the rod but had 2 hinged doors, 1 on each side, that sandwiched the bar in. The plates had tabs on them for the locks. They acted as a safety because you had to open them all the way to be able to move anything.

9/21/14, 9:54 AM   #13
jjones752

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
I built a rack for a guy that had a similar journey that still used the rod but had 2 hinged doors, 1 on each side, that sandwiched the bar in. The plates had tabs on them for the locks. They acted as a safety because you had to open them all the way to be able to move anything.
Not a bad design, from the sound of it.
Speaking of a Journey, I'm on my way out to retrace the route, see if I luck out and find something.
"Don't stop believing..."

9/21/14, 9:57 AM   #14
PatrickMead#13

I hope you do. And if you find both wheels and they are undamaged, please go directly to the nearest gas station and buy a lottery ticket......

9/21/14, 4:14 PM   #15
jjones752

Well I did find the LR, in a ditch between Anderson exits. The RR's out there somewhere but there's some deep ditches and heavy undergrowth along the way; I'm pretty amazed (and stoked) that I found the one.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, PatrickMead#13
9/21/14, 6:59 PM   #16
BrianBSU23

Transponders
We have 6 transponders that went unreturned with the rain (and understandably so). If you could please contact me through a PM here or email at bemcevoy@yahoo.com, we would like to get these returned before the September 27th program so they can be properly charged. If we are unable to get them charged before the race, we cannot be responsible for any transponder that does not function properly due to power. They are only guaranteed as charged for 3-5 hours after a full charge. As you know, we have provided these as a free service this season so please help us out with these so we can continue to provide that service. We have a limited number of transponders.

Rain Checks
Races fans and team possessing tickets and/or wristbands from the September 20th rain out at the Montpelier Motor Speedway may use them for admission at any remaining 2014 MMS event. The Montpelier Motor Speedway currently has 2014 events scheduled for September 27, October 10, October 11, & October 25.

The tickets and bands must be complete and unaltered and must be within our distributed number and color run for the evening. The Montpelier Motor Speedway is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged wristbands and/or tickets. Unfortunately, the Montpelier Motor Speedway cannot issue cash refunds.

Last Points Race
Our last points race with the Midgets will be Saturday, September 27th. The October 11th event will be a non-points event. We need to end the points season on the 27th so we can have the awards ready for our banquet.

Thanks to everyone that came to race and watch Midget racing. We tried to win one over on mother nature, but didn't get it done. It was a very good field of Midgets!
Last edited by BrianBSU23; 9/21/14 at 7:49 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/24/14, 10:56 AM   #17
BrianBSU23

Thank you to everyone who has mailed me their transponder. We are looking forward to our championship night that has traditionally been an excellent Midget race!

9/26/14, 9:40 PM   #18
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Hoping to see a lot of cars tomorrow..any mini's coming besides our regulars ?

Tk

9/26/14, 9:44 PM   #19
clb

Im not going to be able to make it this weekend. Final points race for me elsewhere.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Hosts Midgets Saturday Sept. 20 & Sept. 27