IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Are we blessed or cursed ?
6/17/14, 4:50 PM   #11
Re: Are we blessed or cursed ?
Jerry Shaw

We're blessed. Blessed to be living in this part of the country and blessed to have this website. The race fans have a voice. And there is power in numbers. They have a forum to share their great racing experiences and one the express their grievances, when things don't go so well. Either way, it's a valuable tool for feedback. As to those people who complain about everything, everyone knows who those people are. People who come here with an axe to grind or just show up to cause trouble, it's easy to spot those people. When a person or multiple people who have a history of saying what they love about racing have a complaint, then smart people know there might be something there that should be taken seriously.

To be honest with you, I think the people who imply that nobody should have the right to have an issue with anything, ever, are just about as bad for the forum as the ones who complain about everything.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/17/14, 5:01 PM   #12
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

How could the answer even possibly have been cursed ?

1 member likes this post: racenut69
6/17/14, 5:19 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We're blessed. However I say its a mistake to be Rosey everything. If things aren't mostly right or a seasoned race fan isn't enjoying something that is controllable. The chances are a newbie isn't going to come back.

I made a statement on a certain track, not as a insult but as a fact a week ago that the track was too dusty and no cushion to lean on. We got that same track last saturday WITH a cushion and LITTLE DUST and.............

THE MOST AMAZING RACING I PERHAPS EVER SEEN TOOK PLACE.
and from other reviews, I'd say I wasn't far off

TYVM for listening!

2 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, larsonfan
6/17/14, 5:48 PM   #14
BrentTFunk

If I have a problem, I talk to the person directly, if I have a compliment, I say it on here.

6/17/14, 6:21 PM   #15
JarrettFarms73

For me it's both. 90% blessed because when I get a night to go watch racing, regardless of where I go it's a good bet to be a good night.

10% cursed because I don't get to near enough races to satisfy my desires so reading results and storylines is salt in the wound most days. I think it's this fact that makes me very slow to focus on what's not to my liking and rather enjoy the smells and sights of being at a race. Or maybe it's the cliche'd reminder of the passing of a loved one. My brother in law passed suddenly and unexpectedly last October at the age of 48. Any cliche'd guess what I'd give to travel w/ him one more time?

Furthermore, if I were a person that felt like my critique of an event actually carried weight with an owner/promoter, I'd assume my relationship w/ them to be close enough to have that conversation face to face, not on a message board.
As always, I realize my opinions are not absolute. Just my preference.

6/18/14, 9:31 AM   #16
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
anytime I see something I don't like about a track I will mention it, otherwise its likely to continue to go un-noticed. also I certainly see nothing wrong with voicing one's opinions as to what changes and or additions they'd like to see. there's nothing wrong with making a good thing even better
do you also mention when you see something you do like ? ( not just you personally ) i know i do that way they know they are doing good thing's also

6/18/14, 10:03 AM   #17
Gregg

I remember as a Cincinnati Reds fan in the 1970s we had the Big Red Machine. But I can remember in that time the locals having a stroke if Bench went two game without a hit, if Billingham had a shaky outing or when Gullett went on the DL. They thought the Reds would go down the tubes sure as you know what. They still ended up winning 100+ games and became back to back world champs.

The Reds fans were spoiled back then with all the Reds success just as we are spoiled at all the choices and venues we have. Human nature? Probably. We are cursed only if you let the griping ruin you day. I won't let that happen so you know where I stand.

6/18/14, 10:13 AM   #18
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

Without a doubt, you people in Indiana are blessed. Last night I went to a DIRT modified and winged 360 sprint show at New Egypt, NJ Speedway. The racing was very good, however when my wife asked me this morning how was the race I told her it was good and she said I did not sound too excited about it. My response was after being out in Indy for the 500 and being at the Fairgrounds and Bloomington and LPS and after watching USAC and ARDC non-winged events during the Eastern Storm, local racing is better than not seeing racing, but just does not move me the way your racing does. I will be at Grandview on Sunday for winged 305's and non-winged ARDC, this is the best I can do until I can get back out to Indiana. PS, my two buddies went to Midget Week events at LPS, Bloomington, and the Berg and when they called me on Sunday night the first thing he said was "you got to get out there with us next year", not hello or how are you doing. Yeah, I would say you are blessed

4 members like this post: davidm, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump
6/18/14, 11:02 AM   #19
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp6237 View Post
Without a doubt, you people in Indiana are blessed. Last night I went to a DIRT modified and winged 360 sprint show at New Egypt, NJ Speedway. The racing was very good, however when my wife asked me this morning how was the race I told her it was good and she said I did not sound too excited about it. My response was after being out in Indy for the 500 and being at the Fairgrounds and Bloomington and LPS and after watching USAC and ARDC non-winged events during the Eastern Storm, local racing is better than not seeing racing, but just does not move me the way your racing does. I will be at Grandview on Sunday for winged 305's and non-winged ARDC, this is the best I can do until I can get back out to Indiana. PS, my two buddies went to Midget Week events at LPS, Bloomington, and the Berg and when they called me on Sunday night the first thing he said was "you got to get out there with us next year", not hello or how are you doing. Yeah, I would say you are blessed
Another PA fan lost to the dark side. Your in good company BTW.

6/18/14, 5:54 PM   #20
racenut69

I've had more good times at In. races,than I've had at a lot of other places and I've been to 31 different tracks in 40 years of "chasin racin"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Are we blessed or cursed ?