IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00
6/16/14, 10:07 AM   #11
Re: USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Or maybe, if Silver Crown cars were more exciting more people would have one or go watch one. With all of the racing options that we have today, Silver Crown cars are way down on the pecking order. I can think of a lot more things that I would rather go see than a Silver Crown race. I understand that SC fans are passionate about their cars, but the problem is that they are in the vast minority.
Not a lot of other racing options were going on at 8:30 am, which is when they started hot laps--in front of literally about 60 fans. I know, cause I counted.

1 member likes this post: red70racer
6/16/14, 1:06 PM   #12
midget96

red70racer (or anyone else that doesn't have one) I have a idea but we must work together. We are building a dirt crown car now (to help with car count) and are wanting to put together a pavement crown car (to help with car count).

Actually I think we have the trophy for the most under funded team ever to try this - but WE LOVE THIS DIVISION and are going to try it.

SO - contact me and bring you wallet and help with the car count problem. I have the engine and have a pavement car sitting right beside my dirt car that just maybe can be had. LORP is July 24th so hurry.

Thank You for your support
GSR # 96
Last edited by midget96; 6/16/14 at 1:16 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer - neither still correct probably

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racinstacie, SpfldMile
6/16/14, 2:13 PM   #13
Theokayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red70racer View Post
I do not think they owe me $20.00
Isn't the title of your thread "USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00"??

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
6/16/14, 6:00 PM   #14
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by midget96 View Post
red70racer (or anyone else that doesn't have one) I have a idea but we must work together. We are building a dirt crown car now (to help with car count) and are wanting to put together a pavement crown car (to help with car count).

Actually I think we have the trophy for the most under funded team ever to try this - but WE LOVE THIS DIVISION and are going to try it.

SO - contact me and bring you wallet and help with the car count problem. I have the engine and have a pavement car sitting right beside my dirt car that just maybe can be had. LORP is July 24th so hurry.

Thank You for your support
GSR # 96
Red70racers wallet is most likely stretched pretty thin with the sprintcar his family runs weekly, the midget with the blown motor he has, and the micro that finds it's way out of the garage on a few rare occasions. There are very few people or families who are such big fans of this sport, and very few people who have the same results/budget ratio as his family.

2 members like this post: fasster23, illiNOISE
6/16/14, 10:30 PM   #15
ossuks

delete
Last edited by ossuks; 6/16/14 at 10:42 PM.

6/16/14, 10:32 PM   #16
Sandy Lowe

--
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 6/17/14 at 12:22 AM.

6/17/14, 8:54 AM   #17
illinisprintfan

Save $20 and park in East St Louis. It is only a mile or so from the track, with plenty of free parking.

2 members like this post: fish, Kinser11
6/17/14, 10:02 AM   #18
racenut69

lmao!..
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Save $20 and park in East St Louis. It is only a mile or so from the track, with plenty of free parking.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/17/14, 10:27 AM   #19
Speedyk

So does the Silver Crown have the ability to get back to what it once was? Or I guess a more relevant question, at least to me, is will it get bad enough where the Silver Crown cars will cease to compete at all. Although it may take me an extreme amount of time, due to budget (or lack thereof), the thought of owning one of these machines is something that could be a possibility, but I am worried about sinking that much money into something that might end up not being able to race anywhere. If it were a sprint car, I could just change a few things and go anywhere, but these are definitely specific.

6/17/14, 11:22 AM   #20
SpfldMile

I wish they would have run the Silver Crown program right before the trucks instead of 7 hrs earlier. More fans could have seen them. Even though a better car count would be better for everyone, I'm still glad I went, the champ cars are really good on that track. The crowd was decent for being that early. Personally I love these cars and am proud to support them. Plan to make Spfld and Eldora too. Get out and see em folks.

4 members like this post: dirttrack87, midget96, racing2bwithu2, SC90
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Owe's Me $20.00