IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for racing in Indiana June 6, 7 & 8
6/5/14, 12:17 AM   #11
Re: Looking for racing in Indiana June 6, 7 & 8
markd

If you are looking for a place to stay, there is a brand new Sleep Inn 3 miles east of the Speedway on 16th St. We stayed there for the 500, was a nice place to stay, no complaints other than the smell of fresh paint and varnish.

6/5/14, 1:07 AM   #12
racinc1

Danville, IL is running non wing sprints Sunday night. About an hour and a half directly west of the Speedway on I-74. Right on the Indiana line.

6/5/14, 8:52 AM   #13
BrianBSU23

The Montpelier Motor Speedway hosts the NRA Sprint Invaders on Saturday. We are located about 20 minutes from Gas city and an hour from Indy.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/5/14, 10:55 AM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
Friday night choices are: Bloomington or Gas City Speedways, both great shows with sprints, mods, and stocks. Bloomy 1hour south from Speedway, GC about an hour and a half n.e.. Saturday, 3 choices and all are sprint, mod, and stock shows. Lawrenceburg is 2 1/2 hours s.e.; Lincoln Park Speedway is 50 minutes west as is Paragon Speedway. Both L'burg and LPS are banked bullrings and Paragon is flatter and a paperclip type. Kokomo on Sunday night for sure, fast fast fast and you'll be headed home by 9 pm. Kokomo is an hour straight north. Hope this helps, bob
HARF prez must have a rev limiter on his vehicle if that is how long it takes to get to the race tracks from his place. Only kidding Bob, only kidding.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: Al Pierce, dirt330, jim goerge, miller51b
6/6/14, 12:48 AM   #15
bart

Thanks for everyone's help. My tentative schedule is Bloomington Friday night, the Burg Saturday and Danville on Sunday.

You guys/gals are great. In 24 hours you help plan my "racing weekend"!

See you at the track. If you are at one of these tracks text me so I can meet you to say thanks.

Bart
214-293-3003

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dirt_trackgurl006
6/7/14, 7:22 PM   #16
bart

I made it to Bloomington last night and Was not Disappointed. Seeing Casey win reminded me of watching his dad at Ascot, Ventura, Manzanita & El Centro!

I just pulled into the 'Burg and ready for more great racing.

Bart

1 member likes this post: dirt_trackgurl006
6/7/14, 8:09 PM   #17
dirt_trackgurl006

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 41

My father Lloyd, his gf Gail and myself will be making our very short trip to Danville VCS tomorrow. Hopefully we wil get to meet some more IOW members.
Kasi

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/8/14, 6:51 PM   #18
bart

After another full day at IMS I just pulled in to Vermilion County Speedway in Danville. Great weather and I hope tons of sprints in the pits!

Bart

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/8/14, 11:16 PM   #19
bart

Wow, that was a great sprint car race! Well worth the drive.

Bart

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racing2bwithu2
6/11/14, 11:25 PM   #20
bart

Thanks again for all those who gave input. I'm back in Dallas and wanted to recap what I got to see over the weekend. These estimates are very conservative but I would say I saw almost 1000 race cars over the weekend!

The action at the IMS Brickyard Invitational Vintage Race was great, on and off the track. It was amazing getting to see all those great cars up close and personal. Some from private collections that the public does not normally get to see.

I also enjoyed the sprints at Bloomington on Friday, Lawrenceburg on Saturday and Vermilion County Speedway on Sunday. The racing was good and I was impressed with the crowds. I heard it was family night at one of the tracks but it was encouraging seeing all the school age kids at the races.

Monday I spent the entire day at the IMS museum. Always some great stuff to see and spent a few hours listening to Donald Davidson stories.

You guys have it good in Indiania!

Bart
Last edited by bart; 7/4/21 at 2:18 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Looking for racing in Indiana June 6, 7 & 8