IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week
2/28/14, 4:16 PM   #11
Re: Indiana Midget Week
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Sorry, wishful thinking. It is Lawrenceburg.

1 member likes this post: billw
2/28/14, 4:46 PM   #12
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Thank you. I saw midgets at Jacksonville and Macon last year. That's where I got my midget addiction. If I could come to Indiana and see some midgets and nonwing sprints while knocking off some of my " bucket list" tracks .... well that's even better ! Do all Indiana shows have sprints and midgets ?

2/28/14, 5:14 PM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

If you mean are all the tracks running sprint cars on their Indiana Midget Week nights, yes; they're the track's local sprint car shows, not USAC, but local Indiana sprint car racing is every bit as good as a national show, and you'll see a number of USAC regulars in the sprinters at each track.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

4 members like this post: agar, jim goerge, mowerman, Mud Packer
2/28/14, 10:24 PM   #14
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
Thank you. I saw midgets at Jacksonville and Macon last year. That's where I got my midget addiction. If I could come to Indiana and see some midgets and nonwing sprints while knocking off some of my " bucket list" tracks .... well that's even better ! Do all Indiana shows have sprints and midgets ?
I know that you were thinking of making Indiana sprint week, but I really think that the midget week is the better week. It is great seeing the midgets on different tracks and having the 410 sprints as a support division is great. Also, if you do make the trip to Indiana a trip to the IMS museum is a must.

1 member likes this post: Tim Watson
3/2/14, 3:04 AM   #15
dubsak95

Not sure about teams but the usac sprints are off that week so there will be plenty of usac drivers around.

3/2/14, 10:05 AM   #16
used to be

Thanks for everyone 's replies. I m bringing my son who is a midget fans, myself I like sprints. IMS is on the lists of things to do if tours are given during that time. I have been to a couple of sprintweek races the last 2 years , but hope to make the Smackdown event this year instead because of the distance traveled from Texas to In. Wow wished we had racing like this in Texas.

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indiana Midget Week