IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal
7/15/08, 4:54 PM   #11
Re: Kings Royal
Trippy

That's true, everyone to there own. I've been up to the Knoxville Nationals and the Kings etc but i guess my preference is non wings but............ as long as the racing is good and close it probably really doesn't matter.

7/15/08, 5:00 PM   #12
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Steve was racing for 50k to win not 5k.
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Cecil-I guess you didnt see the passing in the friday night show.

I guess that is why we live in the USA...I choose the "WHANGS" anyday.

7/15/08, 5:12 PM   #13
Joe Kidd

It was hard to pass up Kokomo with it being in my backyard because you will not find any better racing in Indiana. But opted for Eldora instead. I am glad I did.

7/15/08, 5:37 PM   #14
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Thats not it at all. Its the speed freak, nascar mentality that because its better known and faster that its actually better racing.

Not to me! I've seen tons of :dologob: bomber races better than most of the wang shows I've been too.

I edited this post to add this. I do think wings have a place, A training ground for Non wingers. It teaches you to be smooth and carry speed.
Chuck
Whatever!:moon:

7/15/08, 5:44 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Show me a time when winged racing goes two or three wide for more than a lap. Then say whatever. I've seen it but its usually under long green periods or at restarts.

I don't hate wings, Just the majority of passing is either traffic caused or on restarts.

Chuck

7/15/08, 6:44 PM   #16
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Show me a time when winged racing goes two or three wide for more than a lap. Then say whatever. I've seen it but its usually under long green periods or at restarts.

I don't hate wings, Just the majority of passing is either traffic caused or on restarts.

Chuck
Kinser and Dollansky friday night at the night before the Kings Royal.

I Love sprint car racing period. Wing or Otherwise. As a matter of fact I went to L-Burg Wednesday. Facility-Awesome (probably best dirt track in Indiana) Take that back it is the best indiana. Car Count-Great.Heats-Great. Feature-Bland ran the bottom all night-but it was okay. Speed-I like my wing cars better. Will I be back to another non-wing show?Absolutely!

7/15/08, 8:34 PM   #17
hoosierhillbilly

I will be the first to say I enjoy non winged over winged. However, I do find the winged stuff very enjoyable. It is just a different type of racing. Not bad just different.

7/16/08, 10:13 AM   #18
thebus79h

Just a question, what's it matter how many cars were there. USAC only takes 36 to the heats anyway, so you're only really seeing those 36 cars, so if my brain is working, Sprint Week was only pulling 2 more cars than the Kings Royal.

7/16/08, 10:29 AM   #19
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Cecil-I guess you didnt see the passing in the friday night show.

I guess that is why we live in the USA...I choose the "WHANGS" anyday.
Your right. I didn't get up there Friday. It's amazing how two people can watch the same event and see and describe two completely different scenarios. I guess a lot of it has to do with your expectations for the event before it even starts. We all see things and events through a different conceptual lens, I guess.

7/16/08, 10:45 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
Just a question, what's it matter how many cars were there. USAC only takes 36 to the heats anyway, so you're only really seeing those 36 cars, so if my brain is working, Sprint Week was only pulling 2 more cars than the Kings Royal.
No, They actually got to run LCQ races. IMHO a little less than heats but still they got some laps. The lowest car count for sprint week so far has been 48.

Answering Cecil. True the game is high and I know the 6 team is quality and capable of winning. Still, IM seeing All Star shows with less than 20 cars and non sanctioned wing shows with less then 15. The only place that seems to be relatively healthy in 410 wang country is PA.

Chuck

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal