IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg
10/1/12, 1:28 PM   #11
Re: Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg
TQ29m

That's usually caused by the nut holding the steering wheel coming loose, or a failure thereof! I'm sure that isn't politically correct, but then what is?! Bob

10/1/12, 1:34 PM   #12
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Unless you're Bill Gardner, posting under a different screen name.
I have access to every screen name... so you better be careful Jerry. I might just use your username to post something.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, racefan20, RacingGirl10, TQ29m
10/1/12, 3:37 PM   #13
MatMiller

The video only shows one corner of the entire race. For all of you "professional racefans" who weren't even at the track, let me explain what was happening in the race at the time of the accident.

Up to that point, Logan was battling for the last transfer spot into the A. Since all of you are professionals, I know that you understand what its like to be the guy running in 7th position, one spot out of a transfer, and not making the show. Compound that feeling with the fact that it was a USAC show.

Before all of you spout off about something you know absolutely nothing about except how much a gate ticket and beer costs, consider the fact that these drivers are busting their asses out there to put on a show for you. These cars cannot stop on a dime and the finesse needed to hit your mark on every single lap is unimaginable.

Did he drive it in too far? Maybe. Was he driving his ass off to get in the show? Definitely. Should be on here disrespecting him, or any other driver? Definitely NOT.

10/1/12, 4:05 PM   #14
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatMiller View Post
The video only shows one corner of the entire race. For all of you "professional racefans" who weren't even at the track, let me explain what was happening in the race at the time of the accident.

Up to that point, Logan was battling for the last transfer spot into the A. Since all of you are professionals, I know that you understand what its like to be the guy running in 7th position, one spot out of a transfer, and not making the show. Compound that feeling with the fact that it was a USAC show.

Before all of you spout off about something you know absolutely nothing about except how much a gate ticket and beer costs, consider the fact that these drivers are busting their asses out there to put on a show for you. These cars cannot stop on a dime and the finesse needed to hit your mark on every single lap is unimaginable.

Did he drive it in too far? Maybe. Was he driving his ass off to get in the show? Definitely. Should be on here disrespecting him, or any other driver? Definitely NOT.
Well, 33yrs. of working on sprintcars tells me that was not to smart.There was nothing good going to come from that move,for himself or anybody else.
Last edited by CRA91; 10/1/12 at 4:10 PM.

2 members like this post: burris7555, Charles Nungester
10/1/12, 4:20 PM   #15
treecitytornado

You mean like Hewitt's move on McSpadden at the Big E?

Posted via Mobile Device

10/1/12, 4:24 PM   #16
NanaD

Just wondering after reading a lot of the post how many of you have ever set in the seat of a race car and drove it in a race ? It amazes me how a bunch of grown men can get on here and bash a young mans dream he is doing.Or better yet lets put all of you in a car and see if you as smart as you think you are while racing keep up the good work Logan wrecks are part of racing and everyone knows that .Glad you were ok and the other driver too

3 members like this post: davidm, JARRETT29, MatMiller
10/1/12, 5:06 PM   #17
MatMiller

Just to put all speculation to bed, I just got off the phone with Logan. He said that he is still pretty sore. Wanted to thank everyone who came down to help load the car into the trailer. He said that he lost brakes in the opening laps of the race.

6 members like this post: BrandonT30, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, davidm, JARRETT29, NanaD
10/1/12, 5:08 PM   #18
backitin

In this brave new world of internet and you tube if you make a bonehead move expect to act a bit sheepishly for awhile because it wont go unnoticed. People make mistakes, but dont say that battling one spot out of a transfer spot in a usac race makes ignoring the rules of physics and race cars ok. I've accidently taken a guy or two out, I wouldnt want or need anyone defending my actions, I felt terrible every time. Inless of course they were asking for it, in which case it wouldnt be accidental anymore, and I didnt have that terrible feeling.

2 members like this post: koolaid89
10/1/12, 5:14 PM   #19
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
You mean like Hewitt's move on McSpadden at the Big E?

Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
10/1/12, 6:14 PM   #20
Sprintcarfanatic

Or Blake Feese on Kenny Jacobs at Millstream (Findlay).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Logan Jarrett wild flip at Lawerenceburg