IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....
2/3/12, 12:47 AM   #11
schwarzracen27

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwilshe View Post
Was here is the schedule! Something missing? Two things missing?

http://www.mustseeracing.com/series-...a-details.html
Huh,both dates were there when I checked the schedule yesterday.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/3/12, 9:00 AM   #12
Re: Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....
Seadog

Must See 60 on 5/23 still there on Anderson's schedule.

http://www.andersonspeedway.com/schedule.htm

1 member likes this post: Koonzee
2/3/12, 9:21 AM   #13
dblnickel55

This was under rules on the "Little 500" entry form.

TIRES: Tires limited to 20-inch cross-section maximum (measured with hoop). All cars must start the 2011 Little “500” on the same tires that were used to qualify their car.
Cars in violation of this rule shall be moved to the rear of the field and penalized (1) one lap. All cars must utilize “Hoosier” or “American Racer” tires. All tires for the event
must be purchased at Anderson Speedway during the event. The event begins with practice on Tuesday, May 24th and ends at the conclusion of the Pay Less Little 500.

2/3/12, 11:14 AM   #14
donwilshe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblnickel55 View Post
This was under rules on the "Little 500" entry form.

TIRES: Tires limited to 20-inch cross-section maximum (measured with hoop). All cars must start the 2011 Little “500” on the same tires that were used to qualify their car.
Cars in violation of this rule shall be moved to the rear of the field and penalized (1) one lap. All cars must utilize “Hoosier” or “American Racer” tires. All tires for the event
must be purchased at Anderson Speedway during the event. The event begins with practice on Tuesday, May 24th and ends at the conclusion of the Pay Less Little 500.
http://www.andersonspeedway.com/back...entry_form.pdf

Little 500 link above from Anderson and the tire rule is clearly stated..
TIRES: Tires limited to 20-inch cross-section maximum (measured with hoop). All cars must start the 2012 Little 500 on the same tires that were used to qualify their car. Cars in violation of this rule shall be moved to the rear of the field and penalized (1) one lap. All cars must utilize “Hoosier” tires. All tires for the event must be purchased at Anderson Speedway during the event or at the Glen Niebel Classic on April 29, 2012. The event begins with practice on Tuesday, May 22th and ends at the conclusion of the Pay Less Little 500.
Last edited by donwilshe; 2/3/12 at 12:48 PM.

2/3/12, 2:17 PM   #15
RickDawson1

To clear up some misinformation, the price of tires for the Pay Less Little 500 have not been determined yet. Per my conversation today with Hoosier Tire, they have assured me the prices will be comparable to last year's prices with a possible small 2 to 3% increase which they have on all tires they sell. I have no idea where the numbers some of these people have come up with as I (and I am pretty sure I would know first) don't even know what they are. When I receive them from Hoosier, I will publish them on our website. In addition, the Must See Racing 60 is on at Anderson Speedway on Wednesday, May 23. There is apparently an oversite on the MSR website which I will have Jim Hanks correct. The Pay Less Little 500 is shaping up to be the biggest ever with the greatest drivers from around the world competing. For some reason there are a few who have their own agendas and want to hurt the show. This will not happen as most of you informed fans and competitors hear their tall tales alot anyway and know to ignore them. Be assured that our goal is to put on great races at a minimal cost (at least the ones we can control) to the racers. Thanks to all that support us and our events and we look forward to seeing you at the track. Don't forget the Glen Neibel Classic warm up race for the Little 500 on April 29th! Rick Dawson, President Anderson Speedway

7 members like this post: donwilshe, doug47, fish, Mud Packer, RadRacer, speed bump, thebus79h
2/3/12, 3:27 PM   #16
donwilshe

Mr. Dawson the post was about Hoosiers Tires only at the little 500. I have to assume since you didnt address this that in fact it is only "Hoosier Tire Only" Event.
Wish you the best Little 500 as usual..

2/3/12, 8:23 PM   #17
7on7

Didn't most of the cars qualify on Hoosiers last year when the racers had a choice?

2/4/12, 11:44 AM   #18
mccune88

Does anyone have a payout for the anderson Glen Nieble classic....start money and win? and a deff. tire cost would be great.

2/4/12, 8:41 PM   #19
oljonesy

ha ha. love the drivers WHO PUT ON THE SHOW. not there, can't...understand?

2/5/12, 1:07 AM   #20
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7on7 View Post
Didn't most of the cars qualify on Hoosiers last year when the racers had a choice?
Yes

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus79h View Post
How many teams last year were on American Racers?

Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't see anyone on ART in the race. I only saw one team attempt to qualify on it, didn't make it, and qualified on a Hoosier the following day. There may have been someone on 'em, I just didn't see 'em, and I WAS looking.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 - Hoosier Tires Only....