IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daren Clayton
5/19/08, 10:49 AM   #11
Re: Daren Clayton
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightgoat View Post
I agree with Trucker D again, I just don't know about the chemistry of him and the team. He seemed to perform better with his own car. I mean who else has driven for truckers who didn't achieve real success and then was more competative after they left the team or were fired? I can think of Stanborough and maybe a couple of others. I guess my point is, maybe it's just not a good fit? Hunter Schuenberg(if that is how you spell it) was kind of in the same boat.
so are you telling me that jon stanbrough wasnt dominating in the truckers car??? didnt he win like 25 features in the truckers car a few years ago???

5/19/08, 12:02 PM   #12
dirtyd6305

25 is no 30 haha; but seriously I once heard the truckers cars referred to as a WoO motor in a paragon car from someone close to the situation at the time, and that was during the same time period when Stanbrough was driving for them. Everyone has some moderate success, a few wins here and there early on. But after any type of long term period, the results fall off, they fire another driver, and then repeat the cycle. The modern day cowboy currently drives for the modern day BWB team.

5/19/08, 5:36 PM   #13
racechic66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd6305 View Post
25 is no 30 haha; but seriously I once heard the truckers cars referred to as a WoO motor in a paragon car from someone close to the situation at the time, and that was during the same time period when Stanbrough was driving for them. Everyone has some moderate success, a few wins here and there early on. But after any type of long term period, the results fall off, they fire another driver, and then repeat the cycle. The modern day cowboy currently drives for the modern day BWB team.

I do not see how you fans can say the S**t you sit here and say. We the Trucker's Team have the best money can buy. We have 2 awesome drivers and we also have NEW CARS this year that we are trying to work the bugs out of.

As far as "The Chemistry" it's all there... We are a family, we live,eat and practically sleep together all summer. We also accept defeat together and we win together.

Perhaps you would like to come aboard and share some advise or show us what we are doing wrong. Because I can certainly tell you that you will not find many as dedicated as Jim, Kris, Daron, and Thomas

5/19/08, 6:00 PM   #14
axsom#11

Thats right Cindi , most of the people on here don't know anything about a race car or team work , its easy too cut people down when your on a computer , come on down too the pitts and tell some team how too run their team . Ya may get knocked over the pitt fence back to the stands . Cindi your team is doing fine .:headbang

5/19/08, 6:06 PM   #15
throb

i have had the privelidge to work alongside the truckers team......not as much as i like but more to come...i can tell you that everyone on the team is working thier asses off trying to make things work. there is no doubt that the team, with both drivers has ran into some tough luck this season, but as you know good luck and bad luck comes in waves. once this rough patch is over watch out!!!!!!!!!! truckers will be a force to be reconed with!!!!!!!

6/2/08, 7:16 PM   #16
Nightgoat

Ok, maybe I didn't put it exactly right in the post. I am not trying to offend anyone....And I know that every car has it's own unique quirks that take awhile to work out. However, I was just simply stating my opinion that I think Darren was more consistant when he ran his own stuff. I don't know why...but i wish the Trukers Team the best I am still a Clayton Fan and I like his new team mate. I don't claim to know much about non-wing cars just a little about winged cars. So for those of you who took it the wrong way I just hope your season starts to go better. I mean I was there at Bloomington Friday night and was rooting for both team members only to be disappointed.

jake

6/2/08, 8:00 PM   #17
LEADERS EDGE

If he catches the right break here or there he is a 3 time winner this year. That is how racing goes from time to time.

I think that now we are getting into a part of the year where they can race more than once a week, they can get into a groove. He and Thomas will both win at least a few this year.

Like most things: If you can survive the tough times, that makes the good times that much sweeter.

6/2/08, 8:14 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd6305 View Post

Proof Lynchings should be legal

6/2/08, 10:18 PM   #19
racingmidget06

Being that I only get to watch him a couple times a year being from PA. i just hope he will be as exciting in the Truckers ride this year as he was in his own deal last year during the PA. USAC swing. At grasndview last year he put on a heck of show and had the crowd on their feet.

6/2/08, 10:35 PM   #20
dirtyd6305

chuck that last statement kinda makes you come off of as an ignorant redneck....sounds like you treats lynchings as a favored pastime

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daren Clayton