IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Computer Help
1/7/12, 4:17 PM   #11
Re: New Computer Help
Onlydirt

MAC is the only way to go. It took me forever to convert...could have saved a lot of money doing this a lot earlier. Its night and day.

1 member likes this post: jerrydt
1/7/12, 6:28 PM   #12
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1jackhewittfan View Post
I would stop by a local computer shop and have a custom one built just tell em what u want to do with it and ur budget. I'm bout to put one together for myself for the first time.

Posted via Mobile Device
I live in an Apple/Mac Free Zone and really haven't had any problems with my Windows PCs. I run Windows Vista 64 on my desk top that our IT guy at work put together for me a couple of years ago. I run an i7 processor with 6g ram. I don't do any video work and have no problems with processing my pictures. I have a graphics card that I use to play the few games I waste time with. My lap top is a Sony Vaio that I ordered to my specs from their website. It is just over a year old and runs Windows 7 and also has 6g Ram with an i5 processor.

For any desktop, I would recommend having one built. It isn't nearly as expensive as you would think and it comes only with the software that you want on it. I don't know that I will ever buy a retail computer again that isn't a laptop; and the laptops from the Sony online store are darned near custom built.

1 member likes this post: #1jackhewittfan
1/7/12, 6:42 PM   #13
REH24

Now days Mac is the suppose to be the only way to go and what I hear from Mac users worth every extra penny over the other PC's. My next one will be a Mac.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

1/7/12, 7:27 PM   #14
Spi-nex

I will hold "full" opinion about MAC's to myself (there is a reason that MAC only occupies 10% of the market), but I will say that anything a MAC can do, a PC can do better, and Linux system can do best.

STAY AWAY FROM HP!

Your best solution is to find someone who can build you a computer to do what you want within your budget. I don't like places like Dell or HP because they put so many "brand specific" parts inside that if something happens, your stuck buying from them (like buying car parts from a dealer rather than O'reilly or AutoZone).

Besides, supporting your local computer shop supports small business America.. something we need more of! (DELL customer support comes from India....)

1 member likes this post: cmakin
1/7/12, 8:07 PM   #15
Mach2

I bought a HP Pavilion Elilte e9280t PC from the HP website in December, 2009. I have had no issues with this HP puter since then. I've done a few dumb things and caused minor issues, but those were fixed quickly. A friend was going to build a puter for me at that time, but after pricing all the pieces we went on the HP website and priced this machine with the similar items he was going to buy and assemble and we found it to be cheaper than if he bought the parts and assembled one.

There's two sides to every story. I'm sure if you called and talked to a HP tech as to your requirements, you'ld be pointed in a direction that would please you.

1/7/12, 8:32 PM   #16
EldoraMark

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had the squad come out and take my dad to the hosptial. After 8 hours he is doing good and resting there for a few days. I just got on here and looked at the responce.

First off I will respond to some of the post. I bought my son a I mac
( that is what I'm using now) 2 years ago and it has been in the shop two times and had to call support at least 5 times. Thank god for the 3 year warantee we bought . So for you mac guys they have there problems also.
My oldest son told me today all they use is HP and he has one himself and likes it.

I did go the two local stores and to put one together with the same processor. memory. hard drive, software it will cost me $300.00 more That is a lot of race tickets. We live in the country so we do not have all the places as the city has to offer

I think i will try a HP and hope i get a good one.

Again thanks for the help

Mark

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Computer Help