IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies
12/19/11, 8:17 PM   #11
Re: New king of indiana tq midget sreies
micro94

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
wonder which series will be the most rookie friendly?
Just jump in there Devin. Being its your first year your main goal is to just get laps under your belt. Laps,laps,laps. Thats the main thing for you right now. Good luck in your adventure. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help gettin ready. Ill be gettin the micro ready to but Id be happy to assist anyway I can if needed.

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
12/24/11, 7:06 PM   #12
Re: New king of indiana tq midget series
Ambrose93&39

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
so you're going to run a King of Indiana TQ series BUT you're only going to work with one club and, only run on their open dates....sounds to me more like MTQRL part 2... the ONLY way this is a true "King" of deal is if you work with BOTH clubs and have officals who are not part of either series.... sorry but you can't have a true King of Indiana TQ series without the Goffs and the other UMRA teams.....
I didn't read anything that said UMRA drivers or the Goffs couldn't race. Maybe I missed it! I'm sure if any of the other teams from UMRA want to race, they can and will. Terry Eaglin is a hell of a guy!! Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all!!

12/25/11, 12:38 AM   #13
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose93&39 View Post
I didn't read anything that said UMRA drivers or the Goffs couldn't race. Maybe I missed it! I'm sure if any of the other teams from UMRA want to race, they can and will. Terry Eaglin is a hell of a guy!! Good Luck and Merry Christmas to all!!
read it again, see where they are working with UMRA anywhere in that statement? I see from his own release he's only working with ONE club, now how is that FAIR????

The king of indiana t.q. Midget series opening night will be on april, 7th at brownstown speedway in brownstown indiana. I know everyone is saying this is not good for t.q racing, but this series is going to work with the m.t.q.r.l. And greg staab and try to get races before there season starts and have our other races on nights the mtqrl is off. We have a lot of things working right now we have four dates at the speedway in charlestown, in. Most races will pay $500 to win, and $90 to start. There will be a guarented point fund that the winner will recieve $500.00. There will be no league fees there will be a $5.00 dollar entry fee at each race to help pay for the pit steward.

There will be more details later, interested to here some feedback.

Thanks

terry eaglin
812-871-7728

call with any questions

again, you if you're not working with BOTH clubs then it's NOT a king of series.......

12/28/11, 9:44 AM   #14
goodoleboy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdog45 View Post
so you're going to run a King of Indiana TQ series BUT you're only going to work with one club and, only run on their open dates....sounds to me more like MTQRL part 2... the ONLY way this is a true "King" of deal is if you work with BOTH clubs and have officals who are not part of either series.... sorry but you can't have a true King of Indiana TQ series without the Goffs and the other UMRA teams.....
well first i would like to say that any teams are welcomed to come and race our series, we have nothing against the umra driver's we would love to have them at our shows. As for not working with the umra, we have heard that they dont have any races scheduled, they had a meeting in december and didnt have enough people show up to elect officers so the umra is up in the air right now, also the reason we aint working with the umra is we have offered them in the past to work with them at our annual funfest and other places and pay a big purse for the drivers and were told that they just wanted to stick to the races they have had over the years. so if they didnt want to work with us why should we work with them.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
12/28/11, 10:55 AM   #15
Shawn

There's no way that this is a bad thing, that's for sure. The more races that are available for the drivers and teams, the better! I'm glad to hear it. This isn't about MTQRL v. UMRA, but more about giving the drivers and teams a chance to race.

I believe that certain people are more concerned with the Goff's, rather than the UMRA, or TQ racing as a whole. It wasn't that long ago that UMRA was being bashed about suspending a Goff.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
12/28/11, 12:56 PM   #16
DAD

Here I go again. We still have a bunch of old 600cc sprints setting around with no place to race. They race pretty good with TQ's and it would sure be nice if someone would make a place in their rules to let these old 600's with chain drive run with TQ's. I got two That would like to run ever once in a while. Yeh ! I know "there is a difference". I bet you might even get an Ambrose to race a few times. They out grew TQ's.

12/28/11, 2:51 PM   #17
bobby01

Could you tell me what the difference between a TQ and a 600 or 1000 cc
mini sprint or lightning sprint??
Thanks

12/28/11, 2:59 PM   #18
DAD

TQ's have drive shafts max 836cc 2 valve motors or 750cc 4 valve motors no trans or clutch. Sprints use later model motors either 600, 750, 1000, or 1200cc with trans and clutch and usually use old outdated chain drive to rear wheels.

12/28/11, 3:13 PM   #19
TQ29m

DAD, make that 700cc, 4 valve motors, the NEWER one's! Bob!

12/28/11, 3:23 PM   #20
bobby01

I race a lightning sprint here in Mo. didn't know if I was legal or not with the TQ,s
Thanks again
Bobby Layne

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New king of indiana tq midget sreies