IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway MAJOR Announcement
4/17/08, 2:46 AM   #11
Re: Eldora Speedway MAJOR Announcement
AlkyMadness

If it's announced at the Dream, it will have something to do with dirt late models. Anything else and the the crowd won't give a damn.

The press release says it's unprecedented, so that rules out another Million (unless it's a Two Million).

My guess: The 2009 Prelude to the Dream will carry full NASCAR sanction and award points.

Or, Eldora's going to run weekly DLM shows paying $5000 to win and $500 to start with $50,000 to the annual points champ.

Or, he's gonna get married in the Ballroom and move into the house off of Turn4. Earl will be Best Man and jam on sax with Funk and the Housewreckers at the reception.

Or, The World 100/Dream100 will now be WoO sanctioned.

Or, he's gonna pave it and add a quarter mile drag strip across the street. Call it Home Depot Motor Speedway.

Or, they will have a 24 Hours of Eldora for Dirt Late Model and Michael Schumacher will be entered as a team mate to Scott Bloomquist.

The USGP will be held at Eldora in 2009.

Everyone in the stands will be drug tested before entry starting to 2009.

No more open wheel races (why else to announce it in front of the stock car crowd).

The main parking lot will be paved (an you'll have to pay $10 to park in it).

The pits will be lowered 10ft so that nobody can ***** about not seeing over the haulers anymore.

They discovered that the track will remain forever dust free if you soak it with Old Spice and Armor All once a month (will also serve as a legal tire soaker thereby guaranteeing Bloomquist won't be suspended from anymore UMP events).

Boxing ring will be set up in victory lane and the first bout will be a cage match between Earl and Kevin Eckert (Jack Hewitt will officiate).

Schlitz is building a brewery across the street and offer all campers a tap hook-up.

He's giving it back to Earl because he's sick of hearing people ***** that the track doesn't work hard enough to get a show in.

Other than that, I don't have a clue.

4/17/08, 5:27 AM   #12
Tim Watson

:rolling:rolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkyMadness View Post
If it's announced at the Dream, it will have something to do with dirt late models. Anything else and the the crowd won't give a damn.

The press release says it's unprecedented, so that rules out another Million (unless it's a Two Million).

My guess: The 2009 Prelude to the Dream will carry full NASCAR sanction and award points.

Or, Eldora's going to run weekly DLM shows paying $5000 to win and $500 to start with $50,000 to the annual points champ.

Or, he's gonna get married in the Ballroom and move into the house off of Turn4. Earl will be Best Man and jam on sax with Funk and the Housewreckers at the reception.

Or, The World 100/Dream100 will now be WoO sanctioned.

Or, he's gonna pave it and add a quarter mile drag strip across the street. Call it Home Depot Motor Speedway.

Or, they will have a 24 Hours of Eldora for Dirt Late Model and Michael Schumacher will be entered as a team mate to Scott Bloomquist.

The USGP will be held at Eldora in 2009.

Everyone in the stands will be drug tested before entry starting to 2009.

No more open wheel races (why else to announce it in front of the stock car crowd).

The main parking lot will be paved (an you'll have to pay $10 to park in it).

The pits will be lowered 10ft so that nobody can ***** about not seeing over the haulers anymore.

They discovered that the track will remain forever dust free if you soak it with Old Spice and Armor All once a month (will also serve as a legal tire soaker thereby guaranteeing Bloomquist won't be suspended from anymore UMP events).

Boxing ring will be set up in victory lane and the first bout will be a cage match between Earl and Kevin Eckert (Jack Hewitt will officiate).

Schlitz is building a brewery across the street and offer all campers a tap hook-up.

He's giving it back to Earl because he's sick of hearing people ***** that the track doesn't work hard enough to get a show in.

Other than that, I don't have a clue.

4/17/08, 5:28 AM   #13
Tim Watson

It's going to be bulldozed and become a cornfield again cause of the shortage of corn since the ethanol craze has hit. :kookoo

4/17/08, 5:57 AM   #14
griffithracing

heck, who needs corn, plant that thing to soy beans!!!

4/17/08, 7:53 AM   #15
Gregg Obst

On behalf of all the photographers, I'll paraphrase Ronald Reagan here....

"Mr. Stewart, tear..down..that..fence !" :angry-smiley-007:

That's the only big announcement that I'd like to hear. :thumb

4/17/08, 8:06 AM   #16
dirtywhiteboy

He is going to pave the track and make it similar to Winchester.

4/17/08, 8:07 AM   #17
duel

It would be nice to see a big paying 2 day sprint car race again. I would have to agree with those who say it will be a fendered event.
There are sprint cars and then there are winged sprints.:usac:

4/17/08, 8:26 AM   #18
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I think it will be some sort of name change that will incorporate Earl. Whether Eldora stays as part of the name, I don't know.

Also, I agree that it has to be something to do with LM's because that crowd wouldn't care about a sprint car annoucement....just like I wouldn't care about a LM announcement if I'm at a sprint car race. Or, it just has to do with just the track itself.

I think Alky brings up some good possibilities.

4/17/08, 8:30 AM   #19
Seadog

They are paving it. I like both dirt and pavement, so I would like it regardless.

4/17/08, 8:33 AM   #20
Shawn

I would also think it has something to do with Late Models. I'm sure it'll be cool, whatever it is. It's just nice to see him giving back, whether it's sprints, midgets or late models!

Is Eldora tabbed a "Historical Site"? Could it be something along those lines? Ah, who knows...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Speedway MAJOR Announcement