IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Purse--someone please explain.
7/13/10, 7:38 PM   #11
Re: USAC Purse--someone please explain.
chrismattlin

I'll never understand why some of you sprint car drivers won't buy a head and neck restraint system. Your life is on the line every time you go on the track, why not minimize the risk for injury? $600 or dead? YOU PICK

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/13/10, 8:43 PM   #12
USAC Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dant View Post
Please list the sfi certified head and neck restraints avalible at $300 or under....
It's a lifesaving device for your driver and this is your response?

7/14/10, 9:00 AM   #13
Tim Watson

I wish all the Sprintweek shows paid $10,000 to win, even if the tickets were bumped up to $25.

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
7/14/10, 9:22 AM   #14
cowboyhar69

How did a thread about the purse end up talking about hans devices? If Indiana Sprint Week is a big deal then shouldn't we expect to pay a little more to see it? Do you think an NFL playoff game, an NBA playoff game or a Major league playoff game ticket cost the same as a regular season game?....NO!! If this is a big time event and a guy only gets $25 more than a regular USAC race and the winner gets the same...Thats ridiculous.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/14/10, 10:10 AM   #15
wezternotto

No neck restraint,You need not worry my friend there apparently is nothing above your neck worthy of protecting when you make a statement like that.What ? pray tell do you wear and where do you race? Just do it like the old days and wrap the the motel bath towel around your neck and pull up that bandito bandana and put that old BMX helmet on and wah lah a race car driver.. Please get a certified Hans type device and use it before you ever,ever climb into a race car again we know you love racing and it takes each one of you to have a race so do it for yourself please and tell us when you do so we can cheer for you,you have added countless years to your life.

1 member likes this post: mtek56
7/14/10, 11:00 AM   #16
9racing

lol, heres one that starts around 295.00 havent heard much about it.. It is the choice of the racer if they want to wear it or not.. Who are you to criticize about it? You watch these drivers race, you dont watch them put there Hans devices on, R3s or whatever device they are running if any.. my .02 and yes i do race, i do own a hans.. it is uncomfortable.. i like my belts as tight as i can get them, and when u go sliding a carbon fiber piece in between your belt and your shoulders it does make things uncomfortable.. to me, its the easiest to exit the car with and that means alot to me, IF I HAVE TO WEAR ONE.. Thats why i have a hans..

7/14/10, 11:17 AM   #17
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

UMP Summernationals pay $5,000 for weekday shows, $10,000 for weekend shows. $500 to start, Special Olympics sponsors their tow money, drivers go in the stands and pass the helmet for Special Olympics in return. 30 races in 32 days is a little extreme. Oakshade has the finale this weekend, $12 front gate, $20 for pit pass. I wouldn't imagine that many people can follow the whole tour. Overall winner gets $25,000.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
7/14/10, 11:55 AM   #18
S_Meekhof

what is the point fund money for isw?

7/14/10, 12:04 PM   #19
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
UMP Summernationals pay $5,000 for weekday shows, $10,000 for weekend shows. $500 to start, Special Olympics sponsors their tow money, drivers go in the stands and pass the helmet for Special Olympics in return. 30 races in 32 days is a little extreme. Oakshade has the finale this weekend, $12 front gate, $20 for pit pass. I wouldn't imagine that many people can follow the whole tour. Overall winner gets $25,000.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats where I will be this saturday.

7/14/10, 12:13 PM   #20
Diggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Summernationals is a helluva show each night, too. With only a handful of races left the top four are within 66 points of each other. No doubt each of them wants that $25k pot at the end of the hell tour rainbow...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Purse--someone please explain.