IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Substance Abuse and USAC
2/12/08, 10:35 PM   #11
Re: Substance Abuse and USAC
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

If that's the case,then there are a lot of so called druggies:doh:.From the pre entry list I saw 39 midgets,25 sprintcars,and 17 silver crown cars.

2/12/08, 11:26 PM   #12
usa1bowtie

Does that mean Tyler Walker can't race with USAC ?

2/13/08, 12:44 AM   #13
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
If that's the case,then there are a lot of so called druggies:doh:.From the pre entry list I saw 39 midgets,25 sprintcars,and 17 silver crown cars.
My point exactly!

2/13/08, 9:15 AM   #14
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

LONG overdue. Good move. All forms of motorsport should have it...no matter the cost. When another person could be harmed by your actions, testing should be manditory.

2/13/08, 9:28 AM   #15
Stagger

Thanks Bill for posting the info I could not find.

Is this a good Idea? Yea

The only Issue I see is they better follow all the laws regarding testing "there are many" or someone might challenge them and open pandors box so to say.

The only tests I see that does not cost a lot of money to use is a urine and salavia test. All the others are pretty expensive. I assume they have had their lawyers help them with this policy and it is all done with in peoples rights and privacy. Just by reading it I see where somethings might questionable.

I do think it is a good thing but they better be careful how it is handled.
Hell they have a hard time following there own rule book half the time. Hope the new managment becomes consistant with the rules they already have in place.

IMHO I see this as a scare tactic than anything else "sometimes thats all it takes". Time will tell how it is enforced.

2/13/08, 9:52 AM   #16
ossuks

The only people that have a problem with drug testing are those that can't pass a piss test.

Some of the things you guys say just crack me up. Do you think Kevin Miller was sittin' on the crapper one am and just thought this stuff up. OR, maybe, just maybe, he had the help of his staff, thier lawyers, other leaders in the racing industry?

And the idea that anyone thats not at Manzy is a drug user might be the stupidist sh1t i've ever read!!!

Hats off to the "New USAC" !!

2/13/08, 10:26 AM   #17
Bill Gardner
Administrator

The idea of giving someone notice they will be tested kinda defeats the purpose.

This policy is a no brainer... A great move by USAC!!:respect:

2/13/08, 10:31 AM   #18
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
And the idea that anyone thats not at Manzy is a drug user might be the stupidist sh1t i've ever read!!!!
Where exactly did you read that? Because that isnt what my post stated at all. I love it when members half way read a post, get so excited that they can't wait to make a big statement and start making total disrespecting post. I guess it makes them feel good. :headbang

2/13/08, 10:43 AM   #19
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
The idea of giving someone notice they will be tested kinda defeats the purpose.

This policy is a no brainer... A great move by USAC!!:respect:
Not really, anyone knowing they will be tested is not going to use drugs, the test that I use on my employees shows if the person has diluted their sytem or not, so its not like they can make it magiccaly disappear like some think. My thought on a notice would be to protect the innocent from the rumor mill.

2/13/08, 11:28 AM   #20
wbr

:respect:USAC:respect:
:applaud: The new guys are looking good-again.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Substance Abuse and USAC