IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week show question
4/23/10, 4:58 PM   #11
Re: LPS Midget Week show question
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Paragon is running a $3,000 to win sprint show that night, so you could hit IMW at Bloomington on Friday, Paragon on Saturday, and IMW at Kokomo on Sunday (a must see show) and have a lot shorter distance to drive.
That way Dyno Don can catch street stocks,pure stocks and bombers too. I think Dyno Don REALLY would LIKE to watch a FWD division sponsored by Harley Davidson and the Indiana State Troopers.

3 members like this post: crawfordsville410fans, Jimmydiesel, mowerman
4/23/10, 5:02 PM   #12
GregD

Don, you don't learn very fast. On this site you are to go along with whatever the promoter wants to do. Just be happy that you have a race to go to. If you must ***** USAC is the only target that is allowed.

4/23/10, 5:19 PM   #13
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Why does The 'Burg run three classes for Sprint and Midget week when all the other track run two.

It glows of greed to me. And I do not doubt the show went off as you said, probably got lucky with no reds and very few yellows.
We do it as a favor to all other race fans...
Sick em boys...

4/23/10, 5:36 PM   #14
GregD

Dave, that might be right but the whole truth is $$$$$$.

"Sick em boys...." interesting!

4/23/10, 5:50 PM   #15
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
Dave, that might be right but the whole truth is $$$$$$.

"Sick em boys...." interesting!
I am in the entertaining business. Two key words there.
#1 to entertain
#2 in business, in order for a business to succeed you must make money.
I feel we entertain well and put on a great show for most fans.
If you havent seen a mod show at the Burg your missing out on some awesome racing.
I strive to please most and i give 110% each and everyday to do so. If i only made a few upset about the show i am ok with that, i want to make everyone happy but learned long ago that will never ever happen.
Have a great weekend, Dave

4 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, mtek56
4/23/10, 6:02 PM   #16
Onlydirt

Dave you do a great job. Wnet back to the Burg last weekend for USAC after I think 7yrs or so absence. Had a great time, even drug my 6 yr old 2 1/2 hrs each way. He enjoyed it also. The back stretch section with Pine and the rest of the ROWDYS was the best seats I have been to at a race track and I only watched the mini sprints from there...lol Track was extra dry and slick with some asphalt in 1 and 2...still had great racing. I will be back when I can talk my son into another road trip! Plan on camping over night with all the great race fans.

Dont let people who are impossible to please get to ya. If I drove 5 hrs you must be doing something right, just ask Mowerman!

3 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, Jimmydiesel, mowerman
4/23/10, 6:04 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Ill make sure to have my Motorcycle running by then. Or a new one, Just for Dyno

4/23/10, 8:42 PM   #18
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
I am in the entertaining business. Two key words there.
#1 to entertain
#2 in business, in order for a business to succeed you must make money.
I feel we entertain well and put on a great show for most fans.
If you havent seen a mod show at the Burg your missing out on some awesome racing.
I strive to please most and i give 110% each and everyday to do so. If i only made a few upset about the show i am ok with that, i want to make everyone happy but learned long ago that will never ever happen.
Have a great weekend, Dave
i would like to say that they say that you can not give more than 100 percent but i will love to say that if you are in the burg family and all of the i o w family you all know that the great crew at the burg and dave do the best that they can do but if there is one crew that gives more than 100 percent it would have to the great crew at the burg. look at all the track the saftey crew will go to and keep all the team and drivers safe. any racing state would love to see that stuff pull in to there track thanks to the burg ::3;

2 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, mowerman
4/24/10, 10:57 AM   #19
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Why does The 'Burg run three classes for Sprint and Midget week when all the other track run two.

It glows of greed to me. And I do not doubt the show went off as you said, probably got lucky with no reds and very few yellows.
Don..Just looking at it from a business perspective...L-Burg has plenty of time to run mods too..it is the only Midget Week date that people don't have to either come from, or go to work that day or the next. In this economy...a promoter needs to maximize the event...plus, the mods are his regular show. It would be screwing them to boot them off the show.

Not grinding on you, but you asked publicly.

Best,
Tony Barhorst
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 4/24/10 at 10:59 AM.

4/25/10, 10:00 AM   #20
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
For cryin' out loud, Don. It must really suck to be you! Tim Watson drives down here from Wisconsin and you could hardly sandblast the grin off his face. Pine and his family make multiple trips over here from PA and all they talk about is how lucky we have it here. Koonzee and his family are over here from Ohio just about every week and they are thrilled to be here. And Bob Clauson drives his friggin house over 2000 miles (each way) every year, just to be here. Then you have guys like Shortbus, Bill and SprintManDave, who have went through really tough times with health issues and were out there every week, looking like they thought they were in paradise. And then you have you, a guy who lives right in the center of the state, not a bad drive to any of these tracks, seem to be in good health and still find a way to be unhappy about most of the races you ever go to. I just don't get it.

Jerry
It's been a week gone by and you still couldn't sand blast that grin off of my face! Part of going to races is being able to visit with people. If a track is running a class you don't care to watch then strike up a conversation with someone, or just get up and stretch your legs and take a stroll. Thanks for mentioning me Jerry!

1 member likes this post: Dave Rudisell
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS Midget Week show question