Posted via Mobile Device

4/22/10, 7:01 AM   #12
Re: Prelude to a Dream
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
If some Nationwide drivers were invited. Justin Allgaier, Jason Leffler, Josh Wise, Ricky Stenhouse and Mike Bliss would make good showings.
I don't think of Allgaier as an open wheel racer, just a kid whose dad sold enough tires to get him a lot of experience in a lot of different cars, and it's clearly been paying off. I think he is a great choice for the Penske ride he has already won in. Leffler, Wise and Stenhouse haven't lit up the world of stock car racing, (Stenhouse and his teammate Colin Braun have had some horrible races this season, not a lot of luck).

I do think they should consider having a sprint car race of guys who only have open wheel experience. I think that would draw a different crowd. Maybe slipped in around the 4 crown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittDude View Post
Bush can't think. He would be the first one to drive into turn 1 wall
Posted via Mobile Device
Busch has only won 66 races in Nascar, you're right he can't think... Horrible driver?

He's driven a late model at Williams Grove and a mod at the dirt track in Vegas. I've seen plenty of people make bad choices off the track, I for one think his talent outweighs his stupid comments. No I don't think that means he should be a goof any chance he gets.

4/22/10, 7:14 AM   #13
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBullet View Post

Wreck of the night: Robby Gordon
I'd spend a buck to see Robby in a sprinter. Here. There. Anywhere.
He was on it in Bloomquist's LM a year or two ago.

He put a monster truck together for a couple of shows this year. I'm trying to talk myself into watching that. On tv though.
Posted via Mobile Device

4/22/10, 7:20 AM   #14
SpfldMile

I think Allgaier is a good open wheel driver, especially in a midget. In fact, I talked to him once and he told me that midgets are his favorite thing to drive. He has had some good showings in a silver crown car too. Kyle Busch is not my favorite by any means, but I would like to see him in a sprinter.

4/22/10, 2:58 PM   #15
aceace

Stewart would do it. I can 't see anyone else having the testicular development to drive a sprint car at Eldora. Most of these guys would have too much to lose if something happened.

4/22/10, 3:23 PM   #16
AP64

I would love to see them run sprints. But, Tony would have to cover his butt and have the drivers sign a waiver and put in a higher catch fence.

4/22/10, 6:40 PM   #17
Hclarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by short track scott View Post
I'd spend a buck to see Robby in a sprinter. Here. There. Anywhere.
He was on it in Bloomquist's LM a year or two ago.

He put a monster truck together for a couple of shows this year. I'm trying to talk myself into watching that. On tv though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Saw Rob here in Orange last week. He showed me a photo of the new monster truck in action, tube frame only. WOW it was up there. They were running it HARD.

Rob said they wore out 6 drivers and nothing significant broke. He was pretty pumped about the new rig and going head to head with Grave Digger.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Prelude to a Dream