IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco
4/3/10, 10:28 PM   #11
Re: USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco
terrehautian

I am out of the loop, what happened? All i seen was Dean's facebook photos showing drivers on the track. Did they race at all?

4/4/10, 1:39 AM   #12
TheLip2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post

However, let's have some perspective. In today's enviroment, how many other tracks have had as many capital improvements over the last three years as Eldora? How many other tracks have an owner as committed to dirt track racing?
Lawrenceburg has spent MILLIONS on their track. The promoters could not be more committed to dirt track racing as they were last year when they offered three 10k to win sprint car shows and FIVE sanctioned national USAC shows. (Midget week, Sprint week, Dick Gaines Memorial, and a show in April and September.) Unfortunately the FANS DID NOT SUPPORT some of these shows well at all. Fans continue to flock to Eldora who plays on reputation and refuse to come to The Burg when they have been busting their ass to become the finest dirt track in the Midwest. The City of Lawrenceburg has been a great owner and promoter Dave Rudisell has busted his ass and stuck his financial neck on the line and received mediocre fan support. Something to think about?
Last edited by TheLip2; 4/4/10 at 1:42 AM.

5 members like this post: FishBurger, fishnman, Jimmydiesel, mowerman, ROSS
4/4/10, 9:12 AM   #13
dustnmyeye

I couldnt have said it better. Before you know it The big E will be a Venue instead of a racetrack!

4/4/10, 9:25 AM   #14
VaDirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
they race in pa in feb!
They've only been succesful something like once or twice in the past five years.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
4/4/10, 9:36 AM   #15
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Sounds like you all ready didn't go. How do you put a track on probation? Nice to know you got all the facts. After all you looked at pictures AND message board posts. I cannot imagine a way to be LESS informed. By the way I was there and it was a mess, but from my seat I see no blame to USAC.
If you can't tell from "pictures" and ALL these people that have complained in writing about the conditions and YOU are confirming it too in your last sentence, how can you say this guy is "LESS informed"?

I agree with you it may not be USAC's fault, but they have the authority to make some changes.

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
4/4/10, 9:39 AM   #16
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
If you can't tell from "pictures" and ALL these people that have complained in writing about the conditions and YOU are confirming it too in your last sentence, how can you say this guy is "LESS informed"?

I agree with you it may not be USAC's fault, but they have the authority to make some changes.
My point was half the people wern't there so why comment?

1 member likes this post:
4/4/10, 5:01 PM   #17
PAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenttfunk View Post
my point was half the people wern't there so why comment?
amen

4/4/10, 8:10 PM   #18
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

I was there with my 2 kids and the old lady you want to talk about pissed off, USAC should say to hell with eldora. Tony wants to make it a concreate jungle for nascar anyway and he 90% of the way there

4/4/10, 9:06 PM   #19
racefan20

Nah DTJ Eldora was concrete in Earls last years, Tony has actually tried to put some dirt on...unfortunately his employees dont have the skill to get it to work correctly. Next time they need to get clay instead of fill dirt and hire someone to do the job for them.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/4/10, 10:17 PM   #20
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Nah DTJ Eldora was concrete in Earls last years, Tony has actually tried to put some dirt on...unfortunately his employees dont have the skill to get it to work correctly. Next time they need to get clay instead of fill dirt and hire someone to do the job for them.
I agree 100%. I'm tired of hearing about how everybody thinks they should fire the Larry and Larry show but lay off of Larry Boos, he doesn't have anything to do with track prep. He busts his butt to do all the behind the scenes work and works 7 days a week. Laying down new clay or dirt in the fall and hoping that come spring time that everything will be cool is not how it works. I love seeing the spring race on the schedule but sometimes i wonder if a non wing race should be the first show of the year? The test and tune was cancelled so basically no laps were turned on the track. Maybe a WoO or late model race should be scheduled first to get some laps on the track before the USAC guys have at it? Just an opinion on my part so go easy on me when you shred me like a right rear tire on a dry slick track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Needs to Respond to Eldora Fiasco