IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's with the panels?
2/27/10, 4:15 PM   #11
Re: What's with the panels?
DonMoore10

Rollbar: Definitely safety
Cages: Again safety
Seatbelts: Obviously safety
Cell phones: Obvious improvement of communication but phones haven't basically changed since Alexander Graham Bell.
Microwaves: Improvement, speed in cooking

Cage panels on sprint cars and midgets: ?????????????????????????????

2 members like this post: Blackduce, SUPERDUKE
2/27/10, 4:30 PM   #12
v8j

Don my point was that no 1 liked these things when they first came out I dont like the panels but it is progress good or bad

2/27/10, 5:00 PM   #13
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
no they have arm restraints
I know they have arm restraints but those don't always prevent an arm leaving the confines of the cockpit.

2/27/10, 5:16 PM   #14
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
this is just progression,develpoment,and moving forwards it happens.they did not like the first rollbar then cages seatbelts progress.cell phones,microwaves,blaw blaw blaw you guys know what i mean.
This opinion is from a person who would validate "traction control" if he could market it constantly on this very board and make a buck off of it!

4 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, Need For Speed, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1
2/27/10, 5:17 PM   #15
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
Don my point was that no 1 liked these things when they first came out I dont like the panels but it is progress good or bad
Yes, I understand your point, but I haven't read one post on here EVER from a FAN, and I say FAN because they are the observers and paying customers, who likes these panels. If you can find one, please post it. If you're a business man and no one likes your product, you won't be in business very long. Once again, would the fans come forward, please, who wanted these panels??? If there aren't any, then the midget and sprint organizations made a bad decision in the first place and proves my point about the total disregard for what the fans like and don't like. Maybe this is the basis for why open wheel racing is in trouble. Is it standing room only at your local or national track?? If not, why not?? Just one small piece of the problem. Do the racing organizations actually understand what the fans want??? Are they busting down the gates to see these panels??
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/27/10 at 5:26 PM.

2 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, SprintManDave
2/27/10, 5:18 PM   #16
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
....I can see the sunvisor to block out the sun but even that has gotten carried away. USAC allows a 5 inch visor which is reasonable but several other midget orgs allow larger ones which are way beyond reasonable. USAC does not allow most panels on the midgets and silver crown cars but the panels are legal for POWRi, Badger and ARDC..........
So, Don Moore likes the job that USAC is doing in the midgets over POWRi, Badger and ADRC. I knew that you would eventually see the errors of your ways. Don, I would like to welcome you to the greatness of USAC.

2/27/10, 5:23 PM   #17
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider View Post
i know they have arm restraints but those don't always prevent an arm leaving the confines of the cockpit.
2 things! Don't flip and hang on to the wheel!

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

They do look like a 70's ioo" wheelbase super or a west coast super like edmunds built! There is no need for them!!!! More money and gee more weight!

2/27/10, 5:38 PM   #18
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, Don Moore likes the job that USAC is doing in the midgets over POWRi, Badger and ADRC. I knew that you would eventually see the errors of your ways. Don, I would like to welcome you to the greatness of USAC.
I'm 100% behind the United States Auto Club regarding what they are doing regarding the problems facing midget racing. It's been a long time coming and an about face for Kevin Miller from where he was at the beginning of his reign.

1. The 1050 lb weight rule. A great move.

2. Addressing engine costs. Again a great move. From what I heard on the interview with D.O., he would like to bring the engine costs down to something around $12,000 with more longevity and bring purses in line with the costs of operating a midget team. Well, hurray again.

Now.. the third part of the puzzle has not been addressed and that is tires. Not happy about that but maybe he'll surprise us and come up with something that's earth shaking.

1 member likes this post: v8j
2/27/10, 5:41 PM   #19
racephoto1

I don't like all the panel work. If I wanted to see dirt track late models, that's what I'd go see. It isn't a safety issue, it is a MONEY issue. The more advertising space you have, the more product you can advertise. I just hope it works, because once you start turning off fans, it is hard to get them back. Ask Nascrap with their cookie cutters. I could have thrown a grenade in the stands last week at Cali, and not hurt anyone.

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Pitpass, spankytoo, SUPERDUKE, turn4
2/27/10, 6:27 PM   #20
tqracer65

As for arm restraints not always keeping arms in the car, if they were worn properly they would I believe that they are to be worn below the elbow which in teh situation of a flip would hold the arms in the car. On custom driving suits when arm restraints are made in, they are put between the wrist and elbow so why do guys even where them if they where them above the elbow, doesnt do much good keeping the arms in does it???

2 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, TheChosenOne
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's with the panels?