IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule
1/14/10, 4:32 PM   #11
Re: POWRi schedule
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill7 View Post
The first race is March 27th in some place called DuQuoin,Illinois.I think there is another race next year in the same town. Mabey you will get a clue by then ! Good Luck.........
The second race of the year is at Shepp's Speedway. I am guessing this is next to Larry and Curly's house.

Yes, I can go online and look up where all of these tracks are at, but the point is that I should not have to. You can only release your schedule one time. You only have one time to create some buzz about your schedule. I obviously took the time to go the Powri site to see the schedule, but instead of getting excited it made me mad.

I can only schedule 3 or 4 big overnight trips for the year. Everything else has to be close enough for me to drive home after the race. This was POWRI's chance to get some of my travel budget. Now, they probably will not get any of it.

1/14/10, 4:41 PM   #12
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
The second race of the year is at Shepp's Speedway. I am guessing this is next to Larry and Curly's house.

Yes, I can go online and look up where all of these tracks are at, but the point is that I should not have to. You can only release your schedule one time. You only have one time to create some buzz about your schedule. I obviously took the time to go the Powri site to see the schedule, but instead of getting excited it made me mad.

I can only schedule 3 or 4 big overnight trips for the year. Everything else has to be close enough for me to drive home after the race. This was POWRI's chance to get some of my travel budget. Now, they probably will not get any of it.
Shepp's is somewhere between Springfield & Jacksonville but I've never been there myself. I think it's the track that Chris Windom got hurt pretty bad at last June.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1/15/10, 12:19 PM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
The way I see it,thats your loss if you dont go watch POWRi.

2 members like this post: billwill7, buck2
1/16/10, 2:25 AM   #14
markd

Jonr,
If you would have read the article, you would have seen that 3/4 of the tracks had their city and state listed.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
1/16/10, 2:00 PM   #15
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[QUOTE=Jonr;153345]The second race of the year is at Shepp's Speedway. I am guessing this is next to Larry and Curly's house.

No I don't think so. I believe that it is across the street from Moe's!:2:

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/17/10, 6:03 PM   #16
never lift

maybe u should put a lil more effort into looking at what some article says instead of coming on here and complaining to everyone that u dont know where the tracks are at and u seem to be the only one doing so.

1/19/10, 2:05 AM   #17
spindell

Quote:

Obviously you have only attended races in the internet age.
Before computers, we had to wait for the sanctioning bodies schedule to come out in the Speed Sport News (with no directions), cut it out until you had everyone's schedule you were interested in, then get out the Rand McNally atlas.
Spend $14, or $10 if you see him at the track, on Allen Brown's excellent Speedway Directory
( www.speedwaysonline.com ) and you'll never want for directions again.
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here with a few yellowed, dog eared schedules from the 80's in the scrapbook.
jim thurman

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
1/19/10, 12:38 PM   #18
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Two observations. First, only California had more drivers than Illinois at the Chili Bowl. I counted 18 as the states marched around the track. Missouri had a bunch also, as did Indiana. Second, I believe that most of them can be seen at POWRi shows. Should be a good year. By the way, does anyone know why Lehman Racing pulled out of the CB? Donnie had several cars entered but didn't come. Hope nothing bad happened.

1/19/10, 1:36 PM   #19
mortboyz

I heard the story going around on Friday, that apparently Donnie had possibly suffered a concussion after taking a fall on ice last week.
Don't know any facts or details, or how serious it may have been, that's all I heard.....
The first time in 17 years we haven't seen the Lehman 31 in Tulsa.
I hope the "Big Guy" and family are doing well.

1/19/10, 2:26 PM   #20
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks Randy. I join you in hoping that it is not serious and wishing him a quick and complete recovery.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi schedule