IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pir last night
11/13/09, 10:08 PM   #11
Re: Pir last night
Race Poor

Educate me.

A team traveling from Indy to race in Phoenix. What would it cost the team to make the trip and race, and what exactly are they racing for? What does it pay? I am trying to figure out how anybody makes the trip and doesn't lose? 20-25 car fields can't pay that much, or can it???

Seriously.

11/13/09, 10:17 PM   #12
akramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Poor View Post
Educate me.

A team traveling from Indy to race in Phoenix. What would it cost the team to make the trip and race, and what exactly are they racing for? What does it pay? I am trying to figure out how anybody makes the trip and doesn't lose? 20-25 car fields can't pay that much, or can it???

Seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

11/13/09, 10:19 PM   #13
Russ

Duke is right, USAC does suck. 40 years ago they were the most powerful organization in motorsports. One boneheaded move after another and now nobody outside the state of Indiana knows or cares who they are.

2 members like this post: Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
11/13/09, 10:19 PM   #14
akramer

Quote:
Educate me.

Seriously.

I would say that of all the cars there last night it wasn't about what the race paid..
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dberrio, grinch, IndyBound
11/13/09, 11:24 PM   #15
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinch View Post
who cares????????
Apparently not some putz from MA
Last edited by Need For Speed; 11/13/09 at 11:26 PM.

2 members like this post: grinch, SUPERDUKE
11/14/09, 12:09 AM   #16
Rpracing1

NASCAR probably paid part of the purse.

11/14/09, 1:12 AM   #17
racerdog45

watched the truck race tonight(Friday) and the stands looked like a bomb had went off, was deserted on the main straight.....I know from having went to bristol for the night race with my dad and some friends it's just too damn expensive to go to a NASCAR race anymore, we went in a friends motorhome, stayed about 1/2 mile from the track and my share (me and dad) with tickets (which were $350 which was less than the person I bought them from paid) was $650 and that doesn't count what we spent at the track as far as t-sirts and stuff, we did carry in coolers which saved a bunch but basically you're looking huge bucks for little bang and people are not paying it anymore AND they're not staying home watching either PLUS sponsors are drying up because unless you're a huge company who has the money and it all trickles down thru the ranks....

11/14/09, 3:13 AM   #18
sc96

Quote:
Educate me.

Seriously.
That race will cost a team 10k by the time you get back home.You would need to win to come close to making anything.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
11/14/09, 7:18 AM   #19
98arpy

The U.S. Auto Club's Silver Crown and midget cars will not return to Phoenix International Raceway next season, The Republic has learned. PIR is expected to announce today that the Camping World West series season finale will replace USAC on Thursday night of next fall's NASCAR weekend.

11/14/09, 8:46 AM   #20
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by race poor View Post
educate me.

A team traveling from indy to race in phoenix. What would it cost the team to make the trip and race, and what exactly are they racing for? What does it pay? I am trying to figure out how anybody makes the trip and doesn't lose? 20-25 car fields can't pay that much, or can it???

Seriously.
only pays $ 9000 to win! Give 40% to the driver buy tires & fuel pit pass's entry fee food motel gas going 4000 miles is a loser

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pir last night