IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > United States Speed Association
11/5/09, 9:36 PM   #11
Re: United States Speed Association
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
USSA 2009-1 November 2, 2009

Don Kenyon, DK Promotions, Form the United States Speed Association to Sanction Open Wheel Short Track Races

I wish them all the luck with the new series and heck we might just buy a darn midget and go race with them.

3 members like this post: Ovalmeister, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/5/09, 9:45 PM   #12
v8j

so what is the answer to all of this

11/5/09, 10:02 PM   #13
IndyQMDad

On behalf of the thunder roadsters, I'd like to thank Don Kenyon and USSA for inviting us to be part of their 2010 season. We are excited to add these dates to our schedule that will also include races at Salem, ORP and possibly others.

The thunder roadster car count continues to grow, and we are very excited about next season. The TR's offer a very affordable option for the hobby racer with good used cars currently going for as little as $6K. And, they get around the track very well. Lap times at Anderson this year were a second faster than the street stocks.

We look forward to seeing you at the races.

3 members like this post: Ovalmeister, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/5/09, 10:43 PM   #14
JBX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
so what is the answer to all of this
What's the answer? Only you can answer that, V8. Are you expecting someone here on IOW to answer that for you?

The question is,
"Will all of these midget choices survive and more importantly will the buying public support so many choices on a consistent basis?"

In the end, this is about the quantity & quality of fans & sponsorships to create more & more racing events with better & better purses - PERIOD. Racing teams will have to decide what's best for themselves whether it's a good purse; a closer track; workable rules; or workable racing costs (i.e. tires). And, you know what, THEY WILL...

The good news with Don Kenyon is his reputation as a straight-shooter and fair person. This undoubtedly means everything to racing longevity. Maybe, that's why the Kenyon organization has been around for so long (50+ years?). Perhaps, this is a hard, competitive pill to swallow for "them" (fill in the blank for the midget organization of your choice).

For what it's worth - I think it's great that there is a concerted effort on teaching younger drivers with the Kenyon cars at 11 yrs old. The Kenyon Car safety record speaks for itself & they have earned credibility for well over 10-yrs guiding younger drivers. Wonder how this will affect USAC's Quarter Midget approach?

...Wish I was a fly on the wall at 16th Street!! :2::2:
Have a good night all,

Jimmy B.

11/5/09, 11:02 PM   #15
sprintcar64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyQMDad View Post
On behalf of the thunder roadsters, I'd like to thank Don Kenyon and USSA for inviting us to be part of their 2010 season. We are excited to add these dates to our schedule that will also include races at Salem, ORP and possibly others.

The thunder roadster car count continues to grow, and we are very excited about next season. The TR's offer a very affordable option for the hobby racer with good used cars currently going for as little as $6K. And, they get around the track very well. Lap times at Anderson this year were a second faster than the street stocks.

We look forward to seeing you at the races.

I too would like to thank USSA for giving the Thunder Roadsters an other place to race. Having just bought one and raced it for the first time at ORP this past October I am very excited for what 2010 brings.

As far as what this means for midget racing, I hope it works out for every one regardless of the feelings you may have for one series or an other.

2 members like this post: Ovalmeister
11/6/09, 12:42 AM   #16
ryoung99

Race Count This Year: 10

Almost makes me want to move to the midwest and field a couple of midgets and roadsters.

1 member likes this post: Ovalmeister
11/6/09, 12:08 PM   #17
sgtone

I wish Don Kenyon and USSA all the luck in the world. If anyone deservses a sucsessful series, it is this Gentleman. My entire family and or racing friends all agree and will give all the support we can. Go for it Don...

12/1/09, 12:55 PM   #18
T Brickert

Abuddy of mine raced a roadster last season, and now we are both running one this season. Lots of tracks are starting to race them this year it is nice to get more options on where we can race.

1/21/10, 1:19 PM   #19
SprintExaminer
Inactive Member

I had a chance to speak with Don Kenyon last week about the USSA - here's the interview that came out of it. I for one certainly hope that things work out for Don.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > United States Speed Association