IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tribute to Larry Rice & Salute to the Hall of Fame
7/23/09, 1:40 PM   #11
Re: Tribute to Larry Rice & Salute to the Hall of Fame
LovetoRace

Do you really think you will have a B-main? Are you expecting that many cars? If so, what guys that haven't been running all year will be running, sense even on nights when the UMRA did not have a race you only had 20 cars. Not trying to be an ******* but fans read this stuff and guys are saying there will be a B-main, then fans expect to see 30 or more cars. I just wouldn't want to let the fans down, sense that is most important. Again not trying to piss anyone off just curious on who will be attending that hasn't already ran with you this year.

7/23/09, 1:51 PM   #12
bgbrd

Tony Giltner will be there. Robert Nichols will be there. That's two more than normal.

And the racing will be great no matter how many cars. The MTQRL has been making the tracks very raceable.
Last edited by bgbrd; 7/23/09 at 2:12 PM. Reason: Added

7/23/09, 3:20 PM   #13
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPHusband View Post
Nick,

We will have 2 sets of heat races as normal. The second set of heats will be transfer heats. The number that transfer from each heat will be determined by the car count. If there is a B-main, you do get your qualifying time back. All B-main cars do start behind transfer cars in the feature. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Mark, thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to this weekend

7/23/09, 3:24 PM   #14
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetoRace View Post
Do you really think you will have a B-main? Are you expecting that many cars? If so, what guys that haven't been running all year will be running, sense even on nights when the UMRA did not have a race you only had 20 cars. Not trying to be an ******* but fans read this stuff and guys are saying there will be a B-main, then fans expect to see 30 or more cars. I just wouldn't want to let the fans down, sense that is most important. Again not trying to piss anyone off just curious on who will be attending that hasn't already ran with you this year.
Just curious also, but will you be at Rushville again, LovetoRace? I know that you were there last time, before the rain out. I would love to see you make it there. The same goes for Koontz, who I believe was there on the day of the rain out. Hopefully some others will decide to come out and have some fun at the Rush County Fairgrounds!

It really should be a great evening with a lot of exciting racing figures on hand. To top it off, some great racing too!

Shawn

7/23/09, 3:31 PM   #15
speidel21

And the racing will be great no matter how many cars. The MTQRL has been making the tracks very raceable.[/QUOTE]

I use to stay away from the fairground tracks last few years because it was always single file parades but they have proved this year that the fairground tracks can be very racey, at least in the races i've competed in. I ran rushville earlier this year and it was a single file parade both nights with the fairgrounds guys trying to do a track, im confident mtqrl can get the track to where we can have racing again instead of parades. Will know here in a few days

7/23/09, 5:10 PM   #16
TqMidget41&84

The hankins will have 3 cars at Rushville. Oh yal, Will N. don't forget your helmet !

7/23/09, 5:25 PM   #17
Ovalmeister

Hope the weather is great and the show is awesome. Love what the MTQRL is doing with new ideas and promotions. Giving people a chance to meet some legends that a lot of people only read or hear about. I was a big Rice-a-roni fan, glad to see his name being honored!
Thanks,
David.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
7/23/09, 5:29 PM   #18
TQ29m

Zach, I fail to find anything in this post, that amounts to a hill of beans, what difference does it make who shows up to race, and if you're not trying to Pi&& off anyone, you and I both know you are, but let me tell you, it ain't workin, no one gives a damn, about any of your comments, and insinuations, so leave it lay, it's over, the split is done, the League is here to stay, and if, by some gross byproduct of the economy, it would happen to stumble, you would see very few, if any, return, it will be here for years to come, so get used to it, and get over it, learn to deal with it. Bob

7/23/09, 6:29 PM   #19
LovetoRace

Ok Bob calm down before you hurt yourself, I was not trying to piss anyone off all i want to know is how many cars you were expecting. Cause maybe I would come if you had a decent car count. They are talking about a Semi and I would love to see that I miss the days we heat races mattered. But I just dont see how it is possible to gain 10 or more cars, but i would like to see it. ZACH COUGILL

7/23/09, 6:34 PM   #20
Sandy Lowe

100 race cars do not make a good show. Close, exciting, competitive racing is what will keep the fans in the stands entertained. I think the VUMTQRL has accomplished this, especially over their last 4 events.

One thing you have to remember is that Saturday's Tribute to Larry Rice & Salute to the Hall of Fame will only be the tenth race that the Vincennes University Midwest TQ Racing League has ever held. They had 20 cars at their Shelbyville fair race the first of the month and a total of 21 cars competed last weekend at the Madison and Franklin fairs. Momentum is building.

Rushville has a great tradition of three-quarter midget racing and I believe the VUMTQRL will have their best turnout ever.

The VUMTQRL has already had 31 different drivers comepete with them so far this season. Six drivers have perfect attendance (Jeff Bruce, Brett Hankins, Kyle Lux, Chris Mann, Tate Martz and Jason Willis) and Kenny Byrge and Chris Guinn have only missed one race each.

Kenny Byrge (2), Tim Lynch (1), Tate Martz (2), and Jason Willis (3) have each won a feature and 12 other drivers have recorded at least one top five feature finish (Tad Cheek, Anthony Couch, Chris Guinn, Brett Hankins, Chad Hankins, Kyle Lux, Chris Mann, Joe Miller, Will Nedderman, Rick Robinson, Jamie Ross and Nick Speidel). Also, a whopping 17 different drivers have won heats (Jeff Bruce, Patrick Bruns, Byrge, Cheek, Couch, Eddie Gagnon, Brett Hankins, Lynch, Mann, Martz, Miller, Robert Nichols, Kevin Rice, Robinson, Ross, Speidel and Willis).

If you want to see some good old fashioned TQ midget racing head on out to the Rush County Fairgrounds on Saturday night. Grandstand gates open at 4:00 pm and Hall of Fame drivers Gary Bettenhausen, Steve Chassey, Larry Dickson, Jack Hewitt and Bill Vukovich will be introduced to the crowd at 6:00 pm. Then, while the Midwest TQ's are qualifying, you can participate in a meet & greet/autograph session with some of your racing heroes. The family of the late Larry Rice will also be on hand for the tribute.

At 7:00 pm Rushville mayor Merv Bostic will present each of the Hall of Fame drivers with a "Key to the City." Racing begins at 7:15 pm with the Jackson Oil & Solvents Duel for Fuel pitting the fastest four qualifiers against each other. Following the Duel will be two rounds of heat races and a B Main. Capping off the evening will be a 50-lap feature.

For more information please visit www.mtqrl.com.
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 7/23/09 at 8:05 PM.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tribute to Larry Rice & Salute to the Hall of Fame