IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who's at The Burg tonight in a sprinter?
5/2/09, 9:46 PM   #11
Re: Who's at The Burg tonight in a sprinter?
grandma

Fantastic Ballooooooooooooooou

5/2/09, 10:26 PM   #12
Sprintcarfanatic

Wtg BOBBALLOU

5/2/09, 10:33 PM   #13
bigq11

Anyone know what car Gaines was driving?

Thanks

5/2/09, 10:54 PM   #14
bobO

great job robert-heavy D

5/2/09, 11:40 PM   #15
Bruce Harrison

Alright Robert!!!

5/2/09, 11:44 PM   #16
fishnman

Dickie was in the Stevens #2. Went from the tail to seventh. Brett Burdette took a WILD ride at the start of the feature, getting some SERIOUS ALTITUDE!!! I know he was taken to Dearborn county hospital for observation. I had not heard any word before I left. Excellent night of racing.

5/2/09, 11:46 PM   #17
smith19

gaines was in cecil98's car. passed a lot of cars to finnish 7th. track was great. smoothe. they ran the wall in the feature. bret burdett took a bad flip down the fron chute. he whent as high as the fence right in front of me.

5/2/09, 11:48 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Great night of racing, Heats weren't much but the track came in. First time I actually seen em running on the wall.

Short took early lead and got a pretty big gap. Ballou had to work at getting second and once he got it, He rim rode. Ran down Brady and took off for the win. Short held a firm second. The third -5th battle could have blankets throw several times. Gullick/Hunter, Then Gullick /Westall all swapped several times. Faas ran well to get fourth, Westall fifth, gullick sixth

Dickie Gaines int he Stevens golden #2 from 21st to Seventh.

At the initial start Burdette took much the same ride Chad B took last year on the front stretch. All I seen was the car 40ft in the air. He got out under his own power, Was alert but sat outside the track in the ambulance for awhile and decided to go get checked out. HOPE YOUR OK BRETT! Also weir was they pushed the car to the pits Also had a Mod, Last years ROY take about six rolles down the front stretch after catching the end of the entrance wall

Good to see Joss Moffatt, Team CGR, Matt Westall, Faas and all who showed. Ballou actually said they had just decided to park for the weekend when they woke up to sunny skys. LOL Got him a win Casey Riggs who I met early on saturday at Eldora on the turn four fence had problems all night but did start the feature. ALso was nice to start the full field of 22. Ive watched consis over 21 cars.

Thanks to the Burg for not throwing in the towel three or four days early. Noon on raceday is fine by me

ALL RACING DONE AT 1020, Home 45 miles away at 1120
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/2/09 at 11:54 PM.

5/3/09, 12:05 AM   #19
smith19

I do have one concern. Vcs had 47 cars and the burg had 22. The burg was the only track in indiana that raced sprint cars tonight. What gives. Are people afraid of the usac guys that run there on their nights off or is it the purse or size of the track. What's your opinion?

5/3/09, 12:13 AM   #20
Joltin Joe

VCS is new to most of the people and most people dont like the new burg due to the long str8's......thats just my opinion

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who's at The Burg tonight in a sprinter?