IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou
7/12/22, 8:45 AM   #11
Re: Ballou
opnwhlmnd

Ballou's best comment ever is calling his Triple XXX chassis the "Beijing Bullet".

7/12/22, 9:10 AM   #12
dsc1600

When you do it all the time, it gets old and obnoxious. When you pick and choose your times it has more impact.

6 members like this post: 2rock21, hoscalecody, interpreter66, Kart#51, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/12/22, 8:22 PM   #13
ginblueearth

I don't know what the track prep guy said to Robert . But if it's who I think it is all he's raced are winged sprint cars and doesn't have a clue . What kind of track non-wing sprint & Midgets like the best thing he could do would be to listen to the Madman . And learn something new track prep people have forgotten how to prep a race track you just don't dump water on the day of the show . You to water 3 or 4 days before race in the evening so the water soaks in .And you work on the track so you don't have a rough track it takes work and time

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
7/12/22, 8:38 PM   #14
Therealether

My absolute favorite quote (Beijing Bullet). I honestly had no idea they were made in China 🤣

3 members like this post: mtek56, oppweld, tirespinner
7/12/22, 8:54 PM   #15
Stevensville Mike

I look at track prep as eating breakfast in a greasy spoon. It is really hard to screw up bacon and eggs, but sometimes, it happens. The cook is on the hook for that miscue.

Robert and the racers are the customers. The track prep crew are the cooks. Sometimes the cooks need a little constructive feedback. They are not the ones eating the breakfast/racing the track at breakneck speed.

My vote is cast. I vote for the racer here every time.

7/12/22, 9:19 PM   #16
JDavis#11

Ballou is a very emotional guy. That can be seen when he breaks down in tears after a big win. That emotion shows itself in all different ways. Ballou is also one of the few who builds and maintains all of his equipment. When his car gets busted up, he can't just change his clothes and go home till the next race. He has to load up his busted race car, drive the rig back home, unload, and either repair or build another one. He also has a job besides racing. I will agree, sometimes he gets a little bitchy about things, but he has more skin in the game than most of his competitors, and most of what he complains about is valid. It's the different personalities that make sprint car racing fun. Getting to know the drivers and their personalities gives you a whole new perspective on the sport. If you don't know many of the drivers, buy a pit pass, or come down to the pits after the races. Get to know theses guys. Put a face with the car. I know we will always make time for fans, and I'm sure nearly all other drivers would too. Don't be too quick to judge a guy by what is said when he has a microphone in his face. Talk to them when they are relaxed, and not all amped up right after climbing out of a car. You might be surprised at how different they may be.

7/13/22, 10:35 AM   #17
Dale

Like the man said, if you don't like it don't listen. He says what's on his mind. Not a I-wanna-be-a-nascar-driver canned speech.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/13/22, 11:30 AM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavis#11 View Post
Ballou is a very emotional guy. That can be seen when he breaks down in tears after a big win. That emotion shows itself in all different ways. Ballou is also one of the few who builds and maintains all of his equipment. When his car gets busted up, he can't just change his clothes and go home till the next race. He has to load up his busted race car, drive the rig back home, unload, and either repair or build another one. He also has a job besides racing. I will agree, sometimes he gets a little bitchy about things, but he has more skin in the game than most of his competitors, and most of what he complains about is valid. It's the different personalities that make sprint car racing fun. Getting to know the drivers and their personalities gives you a whole new perspective on the sport. If you don't know many of the drivers, buy a pit pass, or come down to the pits after the races. Get to know theses guys. Put a face with the car. I know we will always make time for fans, and I'm sure nearly all other drivers would too. Don't be too quick to judge a guy by what is said when he has a microphone in his face. Talk to them when they are relaxed, and not all amped up right after climbing out of a car. You might be surprised at how different they may be.
Well said!

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou