IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR at LA.
2/6/22, 1:01 PM   #11
TQ29m

Word from those who still draw a paycheck from Nascar, hardly no one has a backup car yet, due to parts shortages or whatever, some are even thinking of running the xfinity car this weekend so to have a good car to start Daytona with, the pandemic strikes racing also, some have a partial car that could be used if the car that is ready can be used for parts.

2/6/22, 3:24 PM   #12
Re: NASCAR at LA.
jdull99

I agree and have heard much of this, but no way they would let them run an Xfinity car. I will also not argue the RESPONSE to the pandemic effected their supply chain BUT the whole thing about adding this new car in NOW, is the major reason (they all had PLENTY of the old cars around). BUT they did delay it a year, so give them that.

Does everyone know who is building this new car now? Former open wheel racer Ronnie Johncox...

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...to%20celebrate.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 2/6/22 at 8:01 PM.

4 members like this post: 3R, Blitzman, chrismattlin, stp6237
2/6/22, 3:33 PM   #13
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless1 View Post
October 11, 1945 URA midgets had 55,000+ spectators show up for a show at the Coliseum , Ed Haddad won the feature. Will NASCAR out draw that show?
Thank-you for pointing this out! I knew Super Cross ran there but didn't know about all this...

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/nasc...g-la-coliseum/
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2/6/22, 3:35 PM   #14
TQ29m

Thanks, I still have a few friends who still get a paycheck from Nicecar as one still refers to them, was a crew chief for several years, funny thing about it was, several of us ran karts for years before any one went on up the ladder 🪜.

2/6/22, 3:48 PM   #15
TQ29m

Thanks, I still have a few friends who still get a paycheck from Nicecar as one still refers to them, was a crew chief for several years, funny thing about it was, several of us ran karts for years before any one went on up the ladder 🪜.

2/6/22, 4:53 PM   #16
badcoupe

It’s better than I expected so far. I don’t pay much mine to napcar anymore but I do like that the cars resemble real cars more and they’ve finally came out of the 1900’s with some of the tech. Still won’t make me watch anymore than usual.

2/6/22, 5:39 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I watch because other than family, nothings going on on Sunday afternoons and several former and current non wing sprint and midget drivers are in it and last year, other than Elliott, it was a battle between em with Larson, Bell, Briscoe, Stenhouse, Newman at times, Also watched the dillon boys run LM's some
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 2/6/22 at 5:50 PM.

2/6/22, 6:12 PM   #18
The Old Coyote

Against better judgement I just turned it on and the first thing I saw was a red and white car blatantly take our another car. The moron announcers then said hey you either want to make the race or not and this is short track racing and this stuff goes on every Saturday night.

I almost puked before I could get the TV shut off. I am so glad this is the first NASCRAP I have watched in over ten years, and although my Mother always told me never say never, I will never watch another second of it again.

1 member likes this post: PJ Wright
2/6/22, 8:33 PM   #19
motorhead748

Nothing to do on a Sunday evening so I put a pizza in the oven and tuned it in. It was better than I’d guessed until they got to that ridiculous half time show… about 5 seconds was all I could stomach. Off it went.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
2/6/22, 8:55 PM   #20
antidownforce

Noticed Nascar is using a: heat race, semi feature(s), feature format. Does anyone know if this is the first time that they have used this race format? Maybe they are noticing the increasing interest in circle track racing and trying to incorporate elements.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR at LA.