Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Speedway
12/27/21, 10:30 AM   #11
Re: Butler Speedway
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintfanatic View Post
From the news article:
Additionally, he's doubled down, saying the weekly program will still feature the same four classes with Sprint Cars, UMP Modifieds, Street Stocks, and Front Wheel Drives. When asked about adding or dropping divisions, Tim responded, “I think right now, the way Denny and Bob left me, I think we have four good classes of cars.”
I have no dog in this fight, but I can say that keeping the number of classes down is a great idea. Here in the Houston area, tracks have been adding classes for many years now. The final result is that there are only two dirt tracks left operating in the area. Four have shut down over the past 12 years or so. . . . Of the two remaining, one is racing full size cars and the other is exclusively for micro sprints.

12/27/21, 3:45 PM   #12
duel

I would settle for running the sprint car program 1st on every event of the evening. I haven't been there in several years. Last time was an allstar show and they ran every other division's features 1st execpt maybe one. It was over at 12:30 or so. I drive by within 6 miles everytime I go to Indiana for sprints. I will go back if they run the main class 1st. I live 24 miles from there. For me 3 classes is more than enough at any track. I do get the back gate money but get the people that travel to see a traveling class out early as possible.

12/27/21, 4:33 PM   #13
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I would settle for running the sprint car program 1st on every event of the evening.
Hear, hear, duel!

3 members like this post: duel, mc/rider, rapid robert
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler Speedway