IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vote for your favorite race
12/30/18, 8:31 PM   #11
flagboy55

Well at least 2 of us did and the rest of you just cheated yourself.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97
12/31/18, 2:17 PM   #12
Re: Vote for your favorite race
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Y'all are goofy. 2018 was the best racing year at Eldora that I remember since I started going (which is fairly short compared to some, first attended in 2010, but have attended events every year since.)

I was at all of the races that are up for vote but one (wasn't at the Baltes) and they certainly were all great races. I think the wing cars almost stole the show, but I agree with previous poster that the 4-Crown Silver Crown feature was the best in show.
Not to belabor this Eldora thing. I have attended since the mid 60"s. All one has to do is look at the racing photos of the surface and track configuration of the 60's and 70's to know the Eldora we have today is not what it once was. Why? Tires, wings i.e. downforce, and cowtowing to NASCAR. It is unfortunate that many today see a little fluff next to the wall and call it a cushion. Just watched a replay on CBS Sports of the Night Before and King's Royal. IMHO a horrible example of how to promote sprint car racing to the casual fan; but then again so much in today's world is about marketing and perception and little about substance and reality.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/1/19, 8:16 AM   #13
Re: Vote for your favorite race
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Not to belabor this Eldora thing. I have attended since the mid 60"s. All one has to do is look at the racing photos of the surface and track configuration of the 60's and 70's to know the Eldora we have today is not what it once was. Why? Tires, wings i.e. downforce, and cowtowing to NASCAR. It is unfortunate that many today see a little fluff next to the wall and call it a cushion. Just watched a replay on CBS Sports of the Night Before and King's Royal. IMHO a horrible example of how to promote sprint car racing to the casual fan; but then again so much in today's world is about marketing and perception and little about substance and reality.
IMO its not even close to what it was back in early to mid 70s

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Vote for your favorite race