IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway BC’s Double
5/27/18, 9:10 PM   #11
Re: Kokomo Speedway BC’s Double
Pat O'Connor Fan

Darland won 1st heat.
Hodges won 2nd heat.
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 5/27/18 at 9:11 PM.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld, wildman92
5/27/18, 10:07 PM   #12
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Windom over Cottle in feature. Courtney wrecked while leading with 6 laps to go by clipping back of Goodnight’s car while lapping him. Darland and KT finished in dead heat for 3rd. KT started in last row due to flat tire in heat race. Josh Hodges finished 5th.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, racer-x, rapid robert
5/27/18, 10:36 PM   #13
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
16 cars ???
I’m surprised we haven’t seen the obligatory “quality over quantity” post.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/27/18, 10:48 PM   #14
boiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I’m surprised we haven’t seen the obligatory “quality over quantity” post.
No that's not where I was headed I was surprised by that number. I've since realized Haub was running also. I'm sure it was a good show I couldn't go tonight was looking for some updates.

5/28/18, 12:50 AM   #15
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

It was a very good show. The first 10 laps was Darland and Courtney exchanging the lead several times with Dave on the cushion and Tyler down low. Tyler finally crossed over in front of Dave and started running turns 1 & 2 high and 3 & 4 low. Tyler was pulling away in lapped traffic and it looked like it was going to be one of those races with no flags. Coming out of turn 4 with less than 6 laps left, Tyler hooked the rear of Matt Goodnight’s car causing him to roll over in front of flagstand. On the restart Dave Darland was in the lead with 5 laps to go when he brushed the wall in turn 2 causing him to lose speed. I think he went deep into the cushion in turn 4 to make up for it, but ended losing positions to both Chris Windom and Shane Cottle. That was the break Windom needed as he was able to hold off Cottle. I think Darland took 3rd over KT, but it was so close I could be wrong even though I sat behind flagstand. Josh Hodges from New Mexico, ran a very good race and came home 5th. This 16 car race was excellent and another 4 cars wouldn’t have made it much better unless they were top USAC racers.
Last edited by Adolph; 5/28/18 at 12:52 AM.

2 members like this post: racefan20, rapid robert
5/28/18, 1:06 AM   #16
revjimk

I was disappointed in car count but racing was good. Got back to BTFunk's in time to watch last quarter of Celtics/ Cavs game
Met more of the Indiana crowd & some East Coast guys too..... "a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet"
On to Lawrenceburg tomorrow for WoO (sorry, purists )

5/28/18, 10:07 AM   #17
The Old Coyote

I think it was a darn good 16 car event. Good hard exciting Kokomo racing.

How about the pre-race ceremonies? That was so cool to hear Taps and Back Home Again in Indiana twice in one day. Thank you O'Conner family for that special touch.

I believe the Indiana Double is in its infancy and with the continued fine work of the O'Conners and support from fans, teams and drivers, it will grow to become one of the classic Sprint Car races.

What a fine way to cap off a glorious weekend of racing in Indiana!

5/28/18, 10:13 AM   #18
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thank you for the updates!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/29/18, 9:30 AM   #19
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolph View Post
It was a very good show. The first 10 laps was Darland and Courtney exchanging the lead several times with Dave on the cushion and Tyler down low. Tyler finally crossed over in front of Dave and started running turns 1 & 2 high and 3 & 4 low. Tyler was pulling away in lapped traffic and it looked like it was going to be one of those races with no flags. Coming out of turn 4 with less than 6 laps left, Tyler hooked the rear of Matt Goodnight’s car causing him to roll over in front of flagstand. On the restart Dave Darland was in the lead with 5 laps to go when he brushed the wall in turn 2 causing him to lose speed. I think he went deep into the cushion in turn 4 to make up for it, but ended losing positions to both Chris Windom and Shane Cottle. That was the break Windom needed as he was able to hold off Cottle. I think Darland took 3rd over KT, but it was so close I could be wrong even though I sat behind flagstand. Josh Hodges from New Mexico, ran a very good race and came home 5th. This 16 car race was excellent and another 4 cars wouldn’t have made it much better unless they were top USAC racers.
"hooked the rear of Goodnight's car" is putting it politely. Steamrolled is probably the more accurate description

Headed down from Wisconsin and wouldn't miss this show at a great track. I would have still driven up there to see 12 cars. You Indiana fans are lucky to have all these gem tracks in your backyard

2 members like this post: oppweld, rapid robert
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Speedway BC’s Double