IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!
9/9/10, 10:35 PM   #11
Re: New tracks in phoenix!
TMan

The word on the street that I've heard is there are actually two different plans from two different groups in the works. It seems there was an original group of 6 that split up once the design was established. One bad apple in the basket spoiled and 5 of them jumped ship. 3 of those 5 formed a new team. The one bad apple is now trying to make the Mesa deal come together while the new group is negotiating with another City. The new plan with the newly formed group, from what I hear, is much further along and has a real potential of pulling this off. I'm betting on the new group and being a good worm staying away from the bad apple.
Last edited by TMan; 9/10/10 at 6:46 PM.

9/9/10, 11:04 PM   #12
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Maybe I'll have a reason to go to Phoenox after all.
Not without me you don't. :2:

I have family out there on the west side. Haven't been out in 12 years and this provides another reason to go.

You sit on the right side of the plane or train and I'll sit in the middle.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/10/10, 12:12 AM   #13
okienonwingfan

Sounds cool. I am glad to hear this.

TMan sounds like something that has happened hear in Okc with the group that tried to save the track at the fairgrounds.

9/10/10, 2:00 AM   #14
cshuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan View Post
The word on the street that I've heard is there are actually two different plans from two different groups in the works. Evidentially there was an original group of 6 that split up once the design was established. One bad apple in the basket spoiled and 5 of them jumped ship. 3 of those 5 formed a new team. The one bad apple is now by himself trying to make the Mesa deal come together while the new group is negotiating with the City of Phoenix. The new plan with the newly formed group, from what I hear, is much further along and has a real potential of pulling this off. They're waiting for the final approval by the economic development committee and should get the word either way within the next 20 days or so. I hope someone can pull this off but I'm betting on the new group though and being a good worm and staying away from the bad apple who stole the plans from the original group. That just stinks and not a good way to start a venture.
Most times the word on the street is a skewed version of the actual story. The "new group" is trying to get the city of Phoenix to let them build their new facility on city owned land, which happens to be a land fill, in a not so great part of town. The Mesa location, is privately owned land, with interest and support from people with the means and connections to make stuff happen in the Valley of the Sun. I honestly couldnt tell you which will happen or not, and I only have insight into one of them. One way or another I hope to be able to come "home" to race real soon, and I am betting on it happening in the city I was born... time will tell

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jerrydt, jim goerge
9/10/10, 2:35 AM   #15
New Tracks in Phoenix Area!!........
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

I'll be headin ta Phx at Noon Fri....special called meeting Sat. with boys at club on W.McDowell Rd....also be lookin ta stock up on some Rebel Yell for Tulsa!!....hate for DUKE ta run short,n' spoil things happenin' in the 'OUTBACK'....mite be checkin in on some of the local ASCS boys while in Phx...ta see if they can add anything ta CShuman's info he's reported on!!....Thanks Casey,fingers are crossed!!..that is one of the reasons I moved closer ta Phx..the other is the 'Pas'.........

9/10/10, 9:20 AM   #16
TMan

ASCOT was on a landfill for 50+ years. No problem there. Can you imagine heading from the West side at 4 or 5pm on Friday night and have to deal with the 101 and the 60. You wouldn't be to the track until 6:30. Ouch.
Last edited by TMan; 9/10/10 at 11:04 AM.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
9/10/10, 11:15 AM   #17
New Tracks in Phoenix!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan View Post
ASCOT was on a landfill for 50+ years. No problem there. Can you imagine heading from the West side at 4 or 5pm on Friday night and have to deal with the 101 and the 60. You wouldn't be to the track until 6:30. Ouch.
Oh yeah!!....I'll also be stay'n off the 10,while I'm there!!.......Mite havta look one more time at Property at 35th & Broadway...hopin' its just a bad dream!!....

9/10/10, 3:20 PM   #18
cshuman

Well when ascot was built gas was under a dollar, sprint cars didn't have cages, and the land wasnt the cities. Things are alot different now days.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

As far as the commute, it is what it is, phoenix traffic sucks now days, some will have a easier commute then others, what can ya do..
Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/10, 5:22 PM   #19
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
Well when ascot was built gas was under a dollar, sprint cars didn't have cages, and the land wasnt the cities. Things are alot different now days.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

As far as the commute, it is what it is, phoenix traffic sucks now days, some will have a easier commute then others, what can ya do..
Posted via Mobile Device
Think I'll be one of those that buy a house right next to the track for a change. that will solve the commute problem!!!

9/10/10, 5:38 PM   #20
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOP View Post
Think I'll be one of those that buy a house right next to the track for a change. that will solve the commute problem!!!

Me too! We could be neighbors again!
David.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!