IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unpaid CRA bounties
6/6/11, 9:10 PM   #11
Re: Unpaid CRA bounties
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

It was May of 1990 when Kinser won CRA bonus at Eldora. A lot of WoO guys there that night, including Haud, Dave Blaney, Terry Shepard, plus CRA standouts like McSpadden, Bubby & Shuman. Tony Elliott was in the 17 car if I remember correctly. Anyway, a super stout field.

I had seen several non wing races before that night, but it was this race that cemented my love of tradional sprintcars and my disdain for winged super sprints.

The track that night was awesome, back when Eldora was still great. Thank GOD I was luck enough to witness Eldora back then.

On another note, how many of you remember when Richard Griffin won the CRA race at Eldora in Pepper Fites Ford running the wall? Actually he was slamming the wall the whole way around, lap after lap. I kept waiting for him to bite it, but he never did. They had a brief rain shower move through that night and they worked hard to get the track ready. Biggest cushion I ever saw at Eldora. I think that was 1991. Really great memories.

3 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, Vukie
6/6/11, 9:47 PM   #12
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

WOW! Why would anyone bring this up after all of these years? Must be some real resentment built up over the years to still have issues with this. CRA and Frank Lewis haven't been on the racing map for quite some time. I say get over it and move on. Life is way too short.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: jim goerge
6/6/11, 9:57 PM   #13
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
If memory serves me right I think Bob Hampshire with Rusty McClure driving finally got one of those $10k bonuses. Didn't Steve Kinser trail Bubby Jones most of the race and got around Bubby with about 6 or 7 laps to go? Was it Bubby Jones? I remember talking to this driver the next day and he told me he "just got tuckered out"...I think this was his first time back in a car after a couple of years layoff.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Steve was running 3rd behind Bubby and Lealand. Bub got tired around lap 15 or 16 and the Tempe Tornado was hit by a rock about the same time. Bubby faded to 3rd and McSpadden was dazed after getting hit by the rock and finished 2nd. Steve won fair and square but Jones drove a heck of a race that night. Do remember Jerry Meyer tearing the fence on the front straight?

4 members like this post: cowboyhar69, CRA91, jim goerge
6/6/11, 10:32 PM   #14
ISF

Yep, I remember at the time reading somewhere that Bubby said his head fell over with 10 laps or so to go at Eldora and Kinser got around him.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69
6/6/11, 11:05 PM   #15
hoss90

I am pretty sure Joe Roush got the Indiana Attorney General involved,and that was how he finally got paid!

1 member likes this post:
6/7/11, 12:13 AM   #16
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Frankie Kerr beat them twice on them tours.If I remember right in 89 they only went as far east as Eldora.Then 91 and 92 came into Pa.

6/7/11, 8:46 AM   #17
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
WOW! Why would anyone bring this up after all of these years? Must be some real resentment built up over the years to still have issues with this. CRA and Frank Lewis haven't been on the racing map for quite some time. I say get over it and move on. Life is way too short.
I want to hug your smiley face. He's gotta have bruising by now.

6/7/11, 12:28 PM   #18
versailles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
If memory serves me right I think Bob Hampshire with Rusty McClure driving finally got one of those $10k bonuses. Didn't Steve Kinser trail Bubby Jones most of the race and got around Bubby with about 6 or 7 laps to go? Was it Bubby Jones? I remember talking to this driver the next day and he told me he "just got tuckered out"...I think this was his first time back in a car after a couple of years layoff.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Randy Kinser won at Lawrenceburg

6/7/11, 1:15 PM   #19
j_vennard54

Still.. what's the point of this line of discussion? Just to rekindle all the facts.. or is there a deeper purpose?

2 members like this post: Vukie
6/7/11, 1:46 PM   #20
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Steve was running 3rd behind Bubby and Lealand. Bub got tired around lap 15 or 16 and the Tempe Tornado was hit by a rock about the same time. Bubby faded to 3rd and McSpadden was dazed after getting hit by the rock and finished 2nd. Steve won fair and square but Jones drove a heck of a race that night. Do remember Jerry Meyer tearing the fence on the front straight?
Good Memory there Vukie,on a side note,what really hindered Lealand was that whatever it was that hit the car had caved in the arm guard and had his right arm pinned between it and the seat. After the race he told me that he pretty much drove the rest of the race with one arm!
Man that guy was a Badass!

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, TNRustler, Vukie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Unpaid CRA bounties