IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown
6/29/10, 10:45 AM   #11
Re: 4-crown
Sprintcarfanatic

I thought the same thing BigEBudman about the Wing - Nonwing thing, Attendance probably went to pot when they dropped the Late Models. Haven't been to Eldora this year & have no plans on going. Didn't even hit a Speedweek show this year which was probably the 1st time in yrs & 2 of those tracks were within 20 mins from the house. Back to Eldora although I wasn't there for the dust out, That & coupled with other things in the past, Adding monster trucks & tractor pulls IS NOT ELDORA. If your going to spend all that money every year or 2 on new dirt do it right the 1st time & be done with it. They screwed with the 4 crown so bad that it shouldn't even be called that anymore. That is the reason(s) on why I don't care if I go back or not.

2 members like this post: mowerman, speed bump
6/29/10, 11:03 AM   #12
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

There aren’t too many people on here that like both. I do like both, but there is no comparison to me that non-wing is better. I probably see about 90% non-wing in a given year, but I do like to mix it up a little bit so I like the weekend. So for me, I would be there either way. Some people won’t show up for wings Friday and some will not come back for Saturday without them….you will always have that. You can’t convince either side of the die-hard isle to see the other as worth anything. That won’t change and that’s a person’s right. I don’t like fender racing so I don’t go. Just not my thing and my right to pick….same thing.

I don’t really think the decision is the right one though. You are asking drivers to “race” two days for one day’s worth of pay. They will have to buy two pit passes instead of just one. I think the track should cut teams a break on the pit pass for Friday since there is no money to be made. Hard enough to make a living racing as it is…..

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/29/10, 2:08 PM   #13
AlkyMadness

Let's face it, it hasn't been the Four Crown since USAC didn't have four divisions to crown anymore.

I miss the mods and the Fri/Sat format that was used.

I don't like the WoO being part of the weekend advertised as the First Crown. This was always a USAC weekend and adding the Outlaws diminishes it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Outlaws, but not at Eldora on that weekend. New fans probably think it's an Outlaws race that they added USAC to.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/29/10, 2:41 PM   #14
hoosierdaddy

I just wish that the WoO didn't have a show @ Lernerville Saturday. I think it would be great to have them stay and run without the wing. There was nothing better than seeing Jac Haudenschild ans Stevie Smith (who had never ran without a wing before) run 1-2 @ the Million!

6/29/10, 3:41 PM   #15
duel

I would like to see a full usac sprints show friday night along with midget and big car quals. the usac sprint portion always draws 40 plus at the crowns. still trying to figure out what i missed at the outlaw show last year when i heard several times it was a pretty good show? weather permitting I'll be at gas city.

6/29/10, 4:16 PM   #16
Tim Watson

My idea would be to run the entire midget program on Friday with the WoO, that could bring in some non wing fans and get one division out of the way for Saturday to save on the track and make it easier for guys who run 2 or 3 divisions on Saturday. I know midgets don't ruin the track but i would like to see them time, run heats and the feature on Friday night.

6/29/10, 4:34 PM   #17
jpa317

I'll be there both nights. I think all this crying about "taking something" from the non-wing fan is silly. I don't rush back on Saturday afternoon for usac hot laps and qualifying. Hopefully the Saturday night track is up to snuff. How was the surface for the May "make-up" event??? Jon

6/29/10, 5:18 PM   #18
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
They have to do something to attract fans to a WoO show!!
Your kiddin me right? Lets see which race is better attended the Kings Royal vs the 4 crown. I will have my money on the royal. Have you been to WOO show at Haubstaudt lately? I had to park by the pond at the backstretch parking lot and reserve seats were sold out. So they do not need help with attendance. Thanks anyway!

6/29/10, 5:36 PM   #19
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Your kiddin me right? Lets see which race is better attended the Kings Royal vs the 4 crown. I will have my money on the royal. Have you been to WOO show at Haubstaudt lately? I had to park by the pond at the backstretch parking lot and reserve seats were sold out. So they do not need help with attendance. Thanks anyway!
Stand alone one day WOO shows @ ELDORA don't draw cars or fans.I was there in the early 90's for one that drew 17 cars and 200 fans

PS This doesn't effect me one bit, I DON'T WATCH QUALIFYING

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/29/10, 5:46 PM   #20
Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
Stand alone one day WOO shows @ ELDORA don't draw cars or fans.I was there in the early 90's for one that drew 17 cars and 200 fans

PS This doesn't effect me one bit, I DON'T WATCH QUALIFYING
Dont get me wrong. I have been to the 4 crown it is a great show.

PS I am not a qualifying fan either. I would rather they run hot laps, draw a pill and go racin!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4-crown