IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
12/9/21, 9:35 PM   #11
Re: AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
cornerthree

Nice to have two dates in my home state of WI. Hopefully they get good support from fans and drivers.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Pitdad, tirespinner
12/9/21, 10:26 PM   #12
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Haubstadt Midget week.
Last edited by oppweld; 12/9/21 at 10:31 PM.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, tirespinner, TNRustler
12/9/21, 10:43 PM   #13
Rapid Rick

Hoping the Sept. 16 TBA would be the Hurtubise Classic at the Action Track. Maybe Sept. 30.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/9/21, 10:47 PM   #14
badcoupe

Atomic is a bit of a drive but since the first time in went there I felt midgets or sprints would be an awesome show, it’s really cool fast track.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
12/9/21, 10:52 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Please no. Havent you ever watched the second feature of a 2 open wheel car show? The track is crap by the second feature no matter which track you are at. I see people wishing for this all the time but it makes me think you have never seen this happen before. Tell me the last time the track wasnt crap for the sprint cars during midget week.
The best feature was the fourth and Silvercrown a couple years back at Eldora. Leary on the wall, KTJ down low and Cottle trying to split em. Over half the race.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/10/21 at 1:20 AM.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, luckybuc97
12/9/21, 11:30 PM   #16
flagboy55

ISF. I don’t know what you think about Joliet but I was hoping it would be on the schedule. Would’ve been nice to see a little central Illinois deal too, Jacksonville, Farmer City Fairbury. I am glad we got a Saturday at Terre Haute. It’s about time. I’m sure all the weekday and Sunday races has kept more than a couple fans at home, I know it did me

3 members like this post: oppweld, spicoli, tirespinner
12/10/21, 12:33 AM   #17
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
ISF. I don’t know what you think about Joliet but I was hoping it would be on the schedule. Would’ve been nice to see a little central Illinois deal too, Jacksonville, Farmer City Fairbury. I am glad we got a Saturday at Terre Haute. It’s about time. I’m sure all the weekday and Sunday races has kept more than a couple fans at home, I know it did me
We'd be plenty excited for the USAC Sprint Cars at Joliet if they could find a way to start the A-main at a decent hour. We had a very bad experience at Joliet a couple of years ago when the USAC midgets were paired up with the winger sprint cars. Did not leave a very good impression on anyone in attendance.

Would love to see USAC Sprint Cars (and USAC Midgets, as well) at Jacksonville!! Best run dirt track in Illinois!! KD knows how to run an open wheel event better than any track in the state. Fairbury and Farmer City are hard core late model mainstays, and justifiably so, but open wheel events have a history of lacking fan support. Even the World of Outlaw Sprint Cars couldn't make any money for the folks at Fairbury.

5 members like this post: luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, spicoli, tirespinner
12/10/21, 1:31 AM   #18
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
The reason they quit trying Saturdays at Terre Haute was dismal car count and not great fan support either. The weekdays have worked. Too bad you missed it. We’ll see.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/10/21, 8:21 AM   #19
miledirt

Quote:
Kenny Dobson at Jacksonville is one of the best promoters out there. Would be interesting to hear his take on why the central Il. tracks can't or don't get USAC shows.

7 members like this post: Dirtfan, ISF, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
12/10/21, 10:09 AM   #20
addictedtodirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Please no. Havent you ever watched the second feature of a 2 open wheel car show? The track is crap by the second feature no matter which track you are at. I see people wishing for this all the time but it makes me think you have never seen this happen before. Tell me the last time the track wasnt crap for the sprint cars during midget week.
Are you saying that a double open wheel show is no good? The full stands at midget week would seem to indicate that fans love the double open wheel shows. To continue to have 17 sprints and 8 modifieds as a full show just doesn't do it for me at THAT.
The Grove was a good race last year (and years before) and that is a double open wheel on the half mile. So good that Port Royal said hold my beer and added SC to the Eastern storm.
The doubles are highly attractive to me.
See you at the races.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule