IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Time change for no way out 40
3/25/17, 10:06 AM   #11
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1021gpa View Post
And that's why they are called support classes are we there to watch mods or tq's no we are there to watch sprints
You might be there to watch sprints, but those teams work their ass off for the chance to race just like the sprint teams do. Typical arrogance of "sprints only" fans. You're right about the term support classes though. Without their support don't plan on making enough money to keep a track open. Just ask Gas City how sh****** on your support classes for years works out.

4 members like this post: Augie, Dirtfan, progressive22, trannyman
3/25/17, 10:18 AM   #12
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstownSpeedway View Post
Support classes are certainly just as important as any other. The situation at hand is we know we will be taking on Mother Nature and we have our boxing gloves ready. What we are looking at is as far as we can tell, it will be late when the weather arrives and we will be just on the edge of it at times. By starting earlier we think we have a good honest shot at getting the entire show in. We are definitely wanting to make sure the sprint feature is over first because we do not run sprints on a regular basis and respect that the drivers will soon be racing elsewhere for points. We can always run a double feature if need be in the Modifieds and TQS. Please do not assume that support classes are not important to us.

We hope everyone respects our decision in starting earlier to try our best to get the entire show in, brings the family and has a great night of side by side, heart pounding, edge of your seat open wheel action!
I can certainly respect your decision to start earlier. Great move that should benefit all classes and give them all a better chance to get the show in.

The part I didn't care for was the emphasis on getting in the sprints and giving the impression that the other classes aren't as important because they race at Brownstown more often. I get what you were trying to say, but don't forget that you will also have modified and midget teams that normally race elsewhere who can't come back for a makeup either. The statement about making sure to get the sprints in just gives the impression that they are the only class that matters. As a regular stock car track I'm pretty confident that isn't true. Just keep the show moving as I'm sure you guys will. A few years ago I went to a race where rain was threatening. They hurried through the show and got the sprint feature in, then screwed around for 10 minutes with victory lane pictures and interviews for the top 3 finishers. Mods came out, ran 4 laps and it started pouring. There were teams that had traveled 3-4 hours that were in that feature. 2 weeks later there were 13 of the original 20 starters back to run the make up. But thankfully we got to hear those victory lane interviews. Good luck with your show tonight. Hopefully the weather isn't an issue.

3/25/17, 10:43 AM   #13
t_inmyface

Really have to watch what you say. Always someone waiting to pounce at a comment. Everyone knows they will do everything in their power to get a full show in. Hope everyone that makes it there enjoys a great show! Props to brownstown for doing all they can to give the drivers a chance to race and the fans a good show! HAMMER DOWN!

3 members like this post: jdull99, smith19, tirespinner
3/25/17, 11:11 AM   #14
1021gpa

[QUOTE=hoosier race fan;470085]You might be there to watch sprints, but those teams work their ass off for the chance to race just like the sprint teams do. Typical arrogance of "sprints only" fans. You're right about the term support classes though. Without their support don't plan on making enough money to keep a track open. Just ask Gas City how sh****** on your support classes for years works out.[/QUOTE
Arrogant sprint only fan? No but I will tell you one thing this will be the 1st time I have been to a sprintcar race since my daughter passed away in november so yes all I care about tonight is watching sprintcars kinda part of the healing process getting back to the race track

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
3/25/17, 11:21 AM   #15
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Ahhhhh, racing season is back. Let the complaining begin. 🏁

3/25/17, 11:23 AM   #16
btg1963

I believe you hit the nail on the head Jen!

4 members like this post: popham, rapid robert, tirespinner, wildman92
3/25/17, 11:25 AM   #17
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1021gpa View Post
Arrogant sprint only fan? No but I will tell you one thing this will be the 1st time I have been to a sprintcar race since my daughter passed away in november so yes all I care about tonight is watching sprintcars kinda part of the healing process getting back to the race track
I'm sorry to hear that about your daughter passing. No matter which class you are there to see, hopefully the weather holds off and you can enjoy the evening at the racetrack.

1 member likes this post: wildman92
3/25/17, 12:32 PM   #18
flagboy55

Not to sound too harsh but if you don't want to be treated like a support class than race a sprint car or late model and you can be the headliner too. With what some spend on modifieds you could run a sprint car. Support classes are exactly that, they support the headliner like the opening band that you never heard of, only a few fans actually came to see them, but the place fills up when the headliner hits the stage. Not to diminish any effort involved in any racing.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, spicoli
3/25/17, 12:35 PM   #19
Re: Time change for no way out 40
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Hate to miss a good race, but I am going to take a pass on this one. It's just a little too iffy to make the five hour plus round trip, and usually if it's iffy and I show up it rains the race out and if I stay home the race runs and is an epic event! Well, as Paul Harvey used to say, "ain't no need worrying, nothings gonna turn out right no how".

3 members like this post: racer-x, Rpracing1, WinglessLovers
3/25/17, 1:17 PM   #20
Re: Time change for no way out 40
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Aw, what's a little 5 hour drive...I just drove the best of 2 days to get back for this race so not quitting now. I think they'll get it in. If they don't I'll have a rain check....and a 2 hour+ drive to get home.

3 members like this post: Longtime sprinter, ronmil, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Time change for no way out 40