IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP mark bridges
9/20/11, 12:08 PM   #11
treecitytornado

RIP Mark. Prayers go out to Michael and the entire Bridges family. May God Comfort you!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bridges40
9/20/11, 12:44 PM   #12
Re: RIP mark bridges
indybail

Godspeed.

9/20/11, 1:01 PM   #13
TQ29m

Rest in Peace, old friend, and God Speed. To David, Marlene, Mike, so sorry to hear of your loss, we too will not forget him, he was a wonderful man, and an inspiration to others. Our prayers go out to you, in your time of sadness, and sorrow. Bob and Peg McClure

9/20/11, 1:47 PM   #14
Gregg

Him and his son came to Lawrenceburg as spectators back in the 1/4 mile era about 5-6 years ago. They struck up a conversation with Fishburger and me asking all about the track because they were interested in bringing their sprint car there, which they did on a few occasions. They seemed like great people.

I still think their sprint car, painted in Johnny Lightning colors, was one of the best looking cars I've seen in a while.

My condolences to the Bridges family.

9/20/11, 1:59 PM   #15
Rapid Rick

I had the good fortune of sitting with Mark on a trip home from the Copper World a few years back. He shared many great stories. Just a really nice guy. All of us who love this sport have lost a good friend. RIP Mark

9/20/11, 5:28 PM   #16
Andrew S. Quinn

I met Mark at the Speedrome one night by chance. We started talking,and I told him that I was only at the Speedrome as I was on call at work and had to stay nearby Indy,and that most nights I watched sprintcars instead. He told me his son raced, a sprint car and I asked who he was. Number 40,a purple car. The Johnny Lightning car I said. Yes indeed!

I ran into Mark here and there,and a few years ago he stopped in at Van Craft,and we got talking and before he left I asked him if he liked old racing videos,and he said yes,and he started coming to "Movie night" at the time at the Brickyard Crossing on Thursday nights in the off season. He showed up about every week for movie night,and the stories I got to hear were great. Add to some of the lunches on Fridays that I got to go to where you never knew would be there,for even more stories!

I havent seen Mark for awhile now. I heard he was sick late last yr. I hate to hear the sad news.

RIP Mark......Thanks for the stories!

9/20/11, 6:47 PM   #17
Hughes Racing

RIP Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

9/20/11, 9:37 PM   #18
HRI99

T
Last edited by HRI99; 9/20/11 at 10:16 PM.

9/20/11, 9:41 PM   #19
Bridges40

Thank you everyone for your heart felt replies on behalf of my father Mark Bridges. It's always nice to hear stories about him and the lives he touched. My family & I greatly appreciate these stories and would love to hear more in a time like this.

We will be honoring and celebrating the life of Mark Bridges on this Saturday 9/24/11 @ the Brickyard Pavilion from 1pm to 4pm with a eulogy @ 2pm. We hope any and everyone can come help us celebrate a Great Mans life!

Sincerely,

Michael Bridges

9/20/11, 10:12 PM   #20
HRI99

God bless
Last edited by HRI99; 9/20/11 at 10:15 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP mark bridges