IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA
7/30/12, 5:09 PM   #11
Re: MMSA at ELDORA
minifan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I would not recommend light weight chassis cars for there.
Honest Dad himself
From what i have seen that would be almost all of the MMSA cars except for about 4 maybe.

7/30/12, 5:22 PM   #12
Bradleyracing86

Leave the wing flat. I'd say 8.2 dad!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/30/12, 5:33 PM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minifan1 View Post
From what i have seen that would be almost all of the MMSA cars except for about 4 maybe.

You sound like one of them there naysayers. Do you have your information from competent authority or is it something you just figured out yourself. We cross the scales at 1000 lbs plus with our wing on and do pretty good.

Bill May has an ultrasonic thickness tester at hand, probably the only one out there right now. Cars are weighed at the end of each race. If you in-fact do own a car I would be glad to check your roll-bar thickness for you. The light weight frame deal was a problem several years ago and were produced in the late 90's but most of them are out of the system by now, If I thought I might have one I would ask Bill for a test before I even attempted Eldora.

You know "mini" I'd say your name has changed but your breath (attitude) still smells the same (A Rose by any other name).

Honest Dad himself

---------- Post added at 5:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Leave the wing flat. I'd say 8.2 dad!

Posted via Mobile Device
We thinking about turning the wing right side up to kind of take a little weight off of the tires at speed. That is one of them aero things you just would not understand. 8.2 sounds good to me.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/30/12 at 5:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bill May
7/30/12, 6:07 PM   #14
Phylo82

I think we're going to take a pass on this one.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

7/30/12, 6:21 PM   #15
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
I think we're going to take a pass on this one.
I understand how you feel about it, but have you checked your speeds a Lawrenceburg, there won't be a whole lot of difference between the two tracks.

Honest Dad himself

7/30/12, 6:55 PM   #16
buckeyeguy03

Last edited by buckeyeguy03; 7/30/12 at 6:57 PM.

7/30/12, 7:15 PM   #17
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I understand how you feel about it, but have you checked your speeds a Lawrenceburg, there won't be a whole lot of difference between the two tracks.

Honest Dad himself
I get that....but how far do we push these motors and cars before we are pushing them too far?

I feel nauseous watching TJ run at L-Burg. I don't know if Eldora has enough beer to get me through that evening of racing.
#13e Maxim Sprint

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/30/12, 7:52 PM   #18
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
I get that....but how far do we push these motors and cars before we are pushing them too far?

I feel nauseous watching TJ run at L-Burg. I don't know if Eldora has enough beer to get me through that evening of racing.

I know exactly how you feel. The only way Doug's mom can watch a race is behind a video camera. This a a good chance for us to go out and sell our sport to a lot of people who have never even heard of these little cars before and that is how I got hooked. And like a drug addic missery enjoys company and I want more people to be miserable like me.

before we go to a new track I always do a google map of it a 200 feet resolution. From what I can tell is Lawrenceburg would just fit inside Eldora's infield. When we raced at lawrenceburg some nights we used a whole lot of the track. Eldora is a lot wider than lburg so there should be plenty of racing room.

L burg is a HorsePower track for minisprinters and Eldora will be a supper horsepower track. Engine and fuel tec should be done there.

With our little 175 - 200 horsepower cars you can only go so fast and they are reaching that speed already at lburg. They will reach that speed at Eldora. I think about 100mph will be it, then the govoner "Wind drag" will slow us down.

The big "E" should be a lot of fun for the racers, something to tell their grand kids about. Any race track should be respected but not feared. If the fear is there don't do it. We could use some pit crew help.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/30/12 at 8:34 PM.

7/30/12, 8:04 PM   #19
Bradleyracing86

Yea maybe we could get on Tonys good side and he could help us get a corporate sponsor.... JD Byrider, Old Spice, Bass Pro.. These cars are on the edge of going big... We just need a little help.

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 8:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:59 PM ----------

Bill May has ran some big races, let's show him some appreciation with a good car count.

Dump a 1/2 quart more oil in your car, gear it for momentum, flatten that wing..

Let's go racing boys!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/30/12, 9:30 PM   #20
Phylo82

We're out for sure, completely forgot the boy gets his wisdom teeth pulled that weekend. Good luck to those that go.
#13e Maxim Sprint

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA