IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
2/27/09, 1:47 PM   #11
Re: Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
LRP36

Don, What you fail to realize is that a percentage of the money you pay to enter a pit area ends up getting paid back to you in the purse. Another percent goes into paying the insurance for that night and another percentage goes to paying for a rental fee of the facility and I could go on and on. So even though you are having to pay to play you are still getting your money back in some way, shape or form. So instead of coming on here and complaining about a very well ran Wolverine group and there fees you should have done some research on there website as to what there policies are. They have a great thing going up in Michigan and I wish them the best of luck.

2/27/09, 1:53 PM   #12
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife517 View Post
Don, What you fail to realize is that a percentage of the money you pay to enter a pit area ends up getting paid back to you in the purse. Another percent goes into paying the insurance for that night and another percentage goes to paying for a rental fee of the facility and I could go on and on. So even though you are having to pay to play you are still getting your money back in some way, shape or form. So instead of coming on here and complaining about a very well ran Wolverine group and there fees you should have done some research on there website as to what there policies are. They have a great thing going up in Michigan and I wish them the best of luck.
Since you are pro fees, I think it would be great if you picked up the tab for the entire midget industry. I have two midget org "pleas for fees" sitting on my desk right now, around $200 worth. Call me and I'll tell you where to send the check.

2/27/09, 1:54 PM   #13
wolmidget

Back to my original comment. I am so thankful, excited and grateful to be able to offer this type of purse to our midget racers this year. This is the highest first place money we have ever offered and to offer that type of winning pay out for each and every one of our hosted races makes me hope midget racing may yet turn the corner and get the exposure it so definitely deserves. I hope to see many of you participating with us this year. Dan Vander Molen Wolverine Midgets

2/27/09, 2:11 PM   #14
DonMoore10

Quote:
Don, What you fail to realize is that a percentage of the money you pay to enter a pit area ends up getting paid back to you in the purse. Another percent goes into paying the insurance for that night and another percentage goes to paying for a rental fee of the facility and I could go on and on.
You're playing right into my hands, Mr. Guess. Let's try this again. NOWHERE but NOWHERE in the entertainment industry are professional entertainers charged to entertain the promoter's audience.

2/27/09, 4:08 PM   #15
polecar

it's great that the Wolverine Midgets can pay $1000 to win per event.
i also agree with Mr. Moore. i always felt that pit pass money went for insurance, but an entry fee as Mr. Moore states, paying to entertaining the promoter's audience was crazy. for all other fee's shouldn't that come out of the front gate? like purse. should all of the front gate money goes right into the promoter's pocket?????
how much money does brad pitt take out of his pocket to make a movie?????? i would guess NONE!!!! oh yea he's not entertaining race fans.

2/27/09, 4:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Dan, don't take anything by what Don Moore says. All he does is complain about everything that is good or bad with midget racing. Next he will be asking you to waive the cost of his pitpass because he doesnt feel a car owner should have to pay for one.
This is exactly what he wants.

He wants track employees, sponsors, fans, crew members and everyone else to pay except the owner and driver, which coincidentally Don is an owner.

I've been thinking about learning to play the guitar. Maybe Don Moore will give me free lessons and free texts since I plan on entertaining people with my newly acquired guitar skills.

2/27/09, 4:55 PM   #17
LEADERS EDGE

Sometimes an actor will defer payments to get a percentage of the gate and DVD.

Sometimes bands rent the halls themselves and take the gate.

Although Don is right for the most part, it's not easy for anyone in this game. Promotors and owners especially bear the brunt of the costs to put on the show.
While it's easy for an owner to lose money during the night, it's just as easy for a promotor to lose his shirt as well.

I too would like to see the fees and pass costs be lifted from the teams, but it really isn't feesable at this point.(Get it-Feesable)

I applaud that they have raised their purses. In my opinion, you have to crawl and walk before you run. At this rate; in a few years they may be up to $2,000 or more.

2/27/09, 4:56 PM   #18
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
This is exactly what he wants.

He wants track employees, sponsors, fans, crew members and everyone else to pay except the owner and driver
Actually I think it would be great if you paid everybody's way in to make up for all the off topic nonsense you post on IOW.

2/27/09, 5:00 PM   #19
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Sometimes an actor will defer payments to get a percentage of the gate and DVD.

Sometimes bands rent the halls themselves and take the gate.

Although Don is right for the most part, it's not easy for anyone in this game. Promotors and owners especially bear the brunt of the costs to put on the show.
While it's easy for an owner to lose money during the night, it's just as easy for a promotor to lose his shirt as well.

I too would like to see the fees and pass costs be lifted from the teams, but it really isn't feesable at this point.(Get it-Feesable)

I applaud that they have raised their purses. In my opinion, you have to crawl and walk before you run. At this rate; in a few years they may be up to $2,000 or more.
If a promoter is going to lose his shirt by giving a free pass for owners and drivers, I'd say he has no business being in the entertainment business.

2/27/09, 5:31 PM   #20
LEADERS EDGE

There is some truth to that.

If you have 100 cars, that is 200 passes.(Owner/Driver) If passes are $25 that is $5,000. If the race rains out(after load in, but before the crowd is fully there), then everybody gets to come back for free. If that happens three weeks in a row, the only money they have to work with to pay staff,fuel for trucks and incidentals is the pit pass and grandstand fees which where mostly paid for the first week.

Without pit pass fees for teams and drivers, the only money they would have to get through the next couple of weeks is the pass fees from the helpers and the few fans that paid before the rain. Depending on when the rains came and how the the insurance is paid, they could be in the hole big time. On top of that, they have to let the people who previously paid; in for free.

If the weather holds off, but is cold and they don't have a crowd and now they have to pay purses on top of everything else, that's a giant hit.

I agree that is the chance they take, but it's a huge chance as you are in many ways a slave to things totally out of their control.

I agree with Don in that I wish it wasn't the case, but if it wasn't that way, there may be a chance there would be even less races.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009