IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 blackout
5/26/18, 10:58 AM   #11
Re: Indy 500 blackout
hoosier race fan

If you are close enough to Fort Wayne the race is not blacked out on their ABC affiliate, which is 21-1 over the air. If you are close to ABC stations in other markets you should be able to get it also. It’s just Channel 6 in Indy.

I’ve never heard of anyone who wants to go to the race staying home just because it is on television. It’s the greatest spectacle in racing, and they’re not hurting at the gate because of television. Doug Boles is far and away the best promoter in motorsports, but this is one thing I would like to see him work on for the fans that can’t attend anymore. It may not be something he has any influence over. I still think the speedway should know their demographic that has supported them for so long, and it is a generation that is going to have a hard time getting to the track the way they used to. I hope NBC is more open minded about the blackout in the future.

2 members like this post: #1jackhewittfan, dirt330
5/26/18, 12:34 PM   #12

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Reeserx
I’m sure your right. When I first read I thought maybe they were just kidding around. i’ll Be at both so no worries here
Last edited by Points; 5/26/18 at 12:36 PM.

5/26/18, 2:20 PM   #13
Re: Indy 500 blackout
Rapid Rick

The IMS Radio broadcast goes back to the early 50's. I expect the blackout is in the interest of protecting their own network locally. Many consider the radio broadcast of the Indianapolis 500 to be the finest coverage of any sporting event in the world. If I ever get to where I can't attend, I would choose to listen to the live broadcast then watch it at night.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy 500 blackout